• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Black Naga

Hehe. I can see it now. Pippy counting the days of the IPP (Imaginary Pepper Plant).

No No No.....Don't involve me in this....Unless someone is prepared to send me some of these seeds for free...:)

and as I can't see that happening, I won't be dragged into this!! :lol:

You had your chance but since you read the post wrong I'm off the hook! :lol:

Pippy fail againnn!

Yes it was. All you had to do was admit defeat, i do it on a daily basis.

If you need any pointers you know where to find me sweetheart.

I bit the bait...

I ordered some of them Black Naga seeds a second ago whilst getting some of the 2012 hot sauce.

Guess this means I could send some of the seeds to the bossman THP... ;)

"Incredibly rare mutation of the Naga"
"We cannot guarantee the next generation will be black, but be the first to grow this extremely rare Naga"

Totally looks like a scam but at least the seller is somewhat honest about it. Personally I don't like to buy, sell, or even give away unproven varieties and the only reason I would see to do so would be to make quick money. A lot of e-bay seed sellers prey on the gullible and some make a fortune.(Not pointing out anyone specific)

I know, I know.

I wouldn't part with my 'now more desperately needed than ever' hard earned cash on something untested (Yellow/Lemon Bhuts, anyone?). But the cost of the seeds is actually the same as the regular Nagas he's got on sale, so I figure, if anything, I've got some more Naga seed stock. (and it didn't cost me £5.00 for 5 seeds, like some 'other' Robin Hoods who do not speak with an English Accent... :P...not directed at you, POTAWIE)

How long is this offer running until now ? If it was only one plant they found, there should be a very limited amount of seeds. So if this offer already exists since some month, it should be fake.

That is the $64,000.00 Question. One website (chilefoundry) posted the announcement at 8 feb 2010, so we can assume it's been roughly a month (as you've stated) since the seeds have been up for sale.

The website doesn't say how many mutant pods/seeds were sent to 'Señor Chilli Pepper Pedro', but going by a very low estimate (10 viable seeds per pod/20 pods per plant), and assuming the ENTIRE PLANT produced the mutated pods, then estimate around 200 seeds? So not a lot to be honest.

Maybe people are skeptical (and rightly so) about it, hence the lack of willing customers? :?:

I recieved these seeds from a give away that a member had back in late December, early January. He was a friend of Chili Pepper Pete and sent some out to about 10 members or so. Haven't seen him on the forum since I don't believe. That was about 100 seeds right there. But if it is anything like the nagas I grew last year re production, they got a whole lot more than 20 pods off it. I got a late start and still got closer to 200.

I do believe that the advertisement will scare off some customers though. He is asking you to spend money on something and not know what you are going to get. This will peak somes curiosity, but others will have the wait and see attitude.

I hope they grow true.
jacob

Got mine in the post this morning, and three seeds went to ground (got package sent to work). Apologies for the poor quality of the photos (from mobile phone).

I guess all we can do now is just wait and see...

Will give the 2012 sauce a good tasting when I get home...:hell:

Question for the all powerful mods:

If we decide to keep track of the growing of these mysterious peppers in the forum, can we keep it in this thread, or move it to the growing section?

05032010156.jpg

05032010157.jpg

jjs7741 said:
I recieved these seeds from a give away that a member had back in late December, early January. He was a friend of Chili Pepper Pete and sent some out to about 10 members or so. Haven't seen him on the forum since I don't believe. That was about 100 seeds right there. But if it is anything like the nagas I grew last year re production, they got a whole lot more than 20 pods off it. I got a late start and still got closer to 200.

I do believe that the advertisement will scare off some customers though. He is asking you to spend money on something and not know what you are going to get. This will peak somes curiosity, but others will have the wait and see attitude.

I hope they grow true.
jacob

Oh so he did actually send some out then? He said he would to me but nothing ever happened and when I wrote to him saying I would like to pay for postage he never responded. I just assumed he didn't send any as a lot of people were skeptical.

By the way the pic of the black naga on CPP site has been photoshopped. If you look next to it there is an ad for Nagas with a few in the picture. The one on the bottom left is the exact same size and shape which has been cut out and filled with the paint bucket tool in my opinion. But you would think that if they could get the people to cut the seeds out of the pods and send them that they could also take a photo at the same time and send it?
CPP did tell me a year or two about this Naga they had found in the hills but said it was purple.

I guess I missed out too :(

Wildfire Chilli Australia said:
Oh so he did actually send some out then? He said he would to me but nothing ever happened and when I wrote to him saying I would like to pay for postage he never responded. I just assumed he didn't send any as a lot of people were skeptical.

By the way the pic of the black naga on CPP site has been photoshopped. If you look next to it there is an ad for Nagas with a few in the picture. The one on the bottom left is the exact same size and shape which has been cut out and filled with the paint bucket tool in my opinion. But you would think that if they could get the people to cut the seeds out of the pods and send them that they could also take a photo at the same time and send it?
CPP did tell me a year or two about this Naga they had found in the hills but said it was purple.

Back