• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

smoking Blues, Booze & BBQ

All great advice CH! I wear safety glasses all day at work...no way I'm gonna do that at home for cooking too!!!! :rofl:

You have me hooked on trying this wavy-gravy weaving thang....one way or another! Hell, I might even try crocheting the stuff!!!! (ok, no, probably not!)

But when I do...I assure you, there will be pics!!!! ;)

All great advice CH! I wear safety glasses all day at work...no way I'm gonna do that at home for cooking too!!!! :rofl:

I wear glasses normally so I wear glasses just for certain foods that splatter grease, & safety glasses for certain house cleaning....was cleaning the toilet once & the brush flung some of the cleaning liquid right on the edge of my eye lid, let me tell you that stuff is NOT good for your eye. that incedient was close enough for me damaging my eye or loosing sight in it so my thinking has changed for somethings.
I also wear safety glasses all day for work too.
to each their own, they're your eyes not mine. I can understand your views on glasses cuz I was like that before too but like usually people dont change their mind until something happens or comes close to having something bad happens.

I've had other eye scares & strangely I've been lucky. 1 time & was trying to pry out a rusty 16d nail....that sucker was in there! well finally the nail popped out & flung straight into my eye......my eye got scratched pretty good & had bad vision from that eye for like a week.
this other incedient was me being plain stupid trying to take a garage door out & trying to cut corners. I've seen some people just cut the wire & no problems....well not for me this time....its flung a chunk of metal so fast right at my eye....it felt like someone took a full swing with a baseball bat right into my eye (that *$#@! HURT!!!) my whole eye & around swollen shut. only thing that saved my eye was that I was wearing my regular eye glasses(those got destroyed)

Um...YES chilehunter....I think the Universe is telling you to keep glasses on AT ALL TIMES!!!!!

You are either the luckiest person, or the unluckiest! Given how you still have sight at all....I'm leaning toward lucky!

And now you have me all spooked about cleaning the toilet! :rofl:

Um...YES chilehunter....I think the Universe is telling you to keep glasses on AT ALL TIMES!!!!!

You are either the luckiest person, or the unluckiest! Given how you still have sight at all....I'm leaning toward lucky!

And now you have me all spooked about cleaning the toilet! :rofl:

:lol:

I hear yea on getting grease splattered, which I'm leary of too...I can handle it on skin but it doesnt take much for a random splatter to get your eye.

This happens when I try to fry water.

HEY! I am a man amongst men!
Grilled chicken quarters with Fat Kid Sauces BBQ Goodness Rub, and my own fatalii puree bbq sauce.

100_1434.JPG

100_1438.JPG

If you ever get a chance to have this beer. Get you some!

100_1437.JPG

100_1439.JPG

100_1441.JPG

Beauty of this is that I picked these up for $2 at the store tonight!

Chingon.

Oye', I'd General Mao and how on that dead bird carcass.

I am Bo Diddley's bastard chile' from his 1958 World Tour of Mars.

Turn it up.

WAY UP!

The blues.
Booze will come later after the smoke. It's not even noon yet.

mrs. blues ordered me to smoke some fish for her dad's birf'day.

Steelhead@$7.99 a pound. Cheaper than salmon but dang it got expensive.

Marinaded for 16 hours in Yoshida's, juice from 3 medium naval oranges, with the zest of one naval, garlic, sriracha, and a generous splooge of Squid brand fish sauce.

Racked up.

Just got it in the smoker with the first load of alder chips.

Mini-Chiefs rock!

More to come later y'all.

Jajajajajaja TB, we can all pull up all kinds of YouTube of the Blues but only YOU SIR can give us a serving of what all of our ears are Starvin marvin for......

We want to hear some of the Original THP Bluesman hisself! Lets get some TB Blues playin up in dis place!

Please and Thank you :)

Edit: Yeah, them's going to be some daaaaaaaaaaaaang good fishies

OMG!!!!!!!  I for one, happen to know how good that stuff is.  As CJ would say, looking at that salmon makes my eyes happy.

texas blues said:
Its NOT SALMON!

Steelhead = sea run rainbow trout = oncorhynchus mykiss

Jay only recognizes fish in an oven.

Back