• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Boil Like A Cajun

Scored some "not habs" in the hab bin at Albertson's, so I guess I'll have to test them out in today's crawfish boil!

8525630488_a04dc028eb_b.jpg

8525629136_fcdd7bf9d1_b.jpg

That looks awesome! I wanna dive head first into that pile of mudbugs and not come up for air. A burner and pot are definitely on my must get list once we move into our new place. How's the cauliflower come out after boiling?

Jeff H said:

Spicy. It sucks up so much of the good spices, if the boil was spicy, the cauliflower will be the spiciest thing at the table. Love it.
Nice! It doesn't suck up too much salt? We tried button mushrooms once and they sucked up far too much salt.

Buzz said:
Define "too much".... It does suck up plenty of seasoning. If you want less, you just put it in the water on the soak cycle instead of the boil.
The were too salty to eat. Putting them in the soak cycle would probably have been better. We boiled them and soaked them the whole time we did the crabs. Probably too long.

Yeah... lucky for me they aren't mine! lol!

The only one that belongs to me is that pretty little brunette next to me. That's my 12 year old daughter.

View attachment 11321

son of a BITCH! I would Sicman that table! Hoooooollee Crap! You guys are no joke. That looks like a meal I could wear, wear out then I'd need a shower. LOL

"I do all my own stunts" :rofl: I love it!

'Sicman' adj. Sīk māān. To lay down on food and roll around for pure enjoyment.

I had a bucket of mudbugs last night freshly imported from LA.  I shudder to think how much I overpaid looking at that spread, but they were damn good.

JayT said:
I had a bucket of bedbugs last night freshly imported from LA.  I shudder to think how much I overpaid looking at that spread, but they were damn good.

You PAID for BEDBUGS???

Put the Mountville Spritzers down bro! :drunk:

Back