• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

bonchi grow log (everyone can post)

this is the grow log for the bonchi challenge. i am trying to limit the rules down to a few. IF YOU ARE NOT FROM THE US YOU CAN STILL BE A PART OF IT YOU JUST WILL NOT BE ELIGIBLE FOR THE PRIZE THANK YOU.

RULES.
1. everyone entered must have a seperate variety of plant. meaning if two people want to both enter a bhut jolokia. an agreement must be reached to where one person must choose a different type. if an agreement cant be reached the person who was first to reserve that plant gets to have that variety.
2. you must reserve your plant(s) on this thread asap.
3. limit of two different varieties can be reserved.
4. you must have 3 photos uploaded before or on the day of the end of the contest. one photo showing height of plant. another showing the canopy of plant. one more photo of your choice showing your plants best feature or a really nice photo.
5. your plant must be 2ft. at max. height including pot.
7. if you decide to fuse or graft your bonchi there is still a two variety limit so you must graft either the two varieties together or you can graft multiples of the same variety together.
6. your bonchi can be any type of pepper. wild, super-hot, rare, mild etc.
8. all three photos must be submitted to this thread by MONDAY, DECEMBER 16TH 2013. That should give you enough time to grow, cut down, then regrow as a bonchi.

I would like to reserve my two varieties now sepia serpent and 7pot primo http://thehotpepper.com/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/fireball.gif

goodluck everyone and feel free to post other bonchi experiments in here just note that those are not the contenders

Just the prik kee noo for me. Don't need another plant. I use to do bonsai's in the Caribbean and was a member of the bonsai club there for many years so I will have to dig out my tool kit and purchase some wire. Good luck all!

Can we use old pictures to? Ha ha ha.

A bhut from a couple years ago.

SDC11679.jpg

Mill thats a really nice bonchi but nope you will be starting over

You have a nice pick with that C. Rhomboideum though I like the look of that pepper. Don't know much about it but I like the look of it

It's my all time favorite plant. Not just peppers either. Just something about it I find beautiful. I have a few I am sprouting now.

I have seen a couple pictures of that variety and it is a nice plant I am getting cumari pollux sometime soon along with a few others. I like the look of the wilds i dont know what it is about them

What do you mean by that? Hahaha

I will add you captain

I may just put all of my eggs in one basket so to speak. It seems that either an over-wintered plant or a gnarly branch from one would be quite an advantage. I'm really psyched about planting my over-winters outdoors in a few months and getting a kick ass harvest out of them. I'm not willing to devote a whole plant.

If the Jonah works out I may cut off a branch from my Fatali and try to get that going. I'm also toying with the idea of a Bahamian Goat started from seed. I just don't want to reserve a strain which another member might want and not even end up doing anything with it.

By the way, where are other members getting their ornate pots? Would Lowe's or Home Depot carry them?

Lowes I know has a few, not beautiful or most likely considered Bonsai pots but they have a small selection of shallow pots.

Back