• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Boomas BBQ

Cooking with Fire, gets a whole lot more attention, this thread is going to get regular updates on all things BBQ.

As some are aware i got a custom built pit/smoker last year and am slowly getting my head around this whole style of cooking. Lots of fun!!

Soon there will be a new toy to add to the outdoor kitchen, hopefully sooner than later............

Still after as much feedback as possible, always trying to improve.

So to start this off, Brisket cooked yesterday for about 9-10 hrs, then wrapped and rested in an Esky for 2-3 hours. Brisket was sprinkled with a plain old mix of salt and pepper.

Pork ribs done 3-2-1 method with a dry rub

DSC00990.JPG

DSC00991.JPG

DSC00992.JPG

DSC00993.JPG

The Hot Pepper said:
Excellent bark and smoke ring.

Pork short ribs, something new to try lol.

Good stuff.

I was thinking they looked like something that is sold around here in a couple places called rib tips.  I think they are leftover when the baby backs are cut.

Not at all really, there was a couple of slices throught the flat that weren't as juicy but the rest were great

New toy, back to basics. As you will see, lack of knobs..... No gas with this Bad Boy. All charcoal grill, adjustable charcoal tray, 4 dampners, untensil hooks and a Bloody Bottle opener. PERFECT!!!

Can't wit to fire this thing up

No more toys now..............and i wonder why i'm broke

DSC00996.JPG

DSC00997.JPG

DSC00998.JPG

Do you have a place that sells good chunk wood for grilling?

That thang is close to an Argentine asado machine... just missing sloped V grates.

Very nice indeed!

First, hmmm, might just do some burgers, steak or chicken dunno yet

Sum, I do know of a place that sells good chunk wood, just found them, will be looking to get a heap from them soon

I have one very similar - I wish mine had a an area where I can Isolate the charcoal to make smoking easier - I know you have a smoker but with mine I had fashioned a divider plate on the charcoal rack to smoke ! BTW Tri-Tips are freakin' awesome on these grills the adjustable grill rack is key and sort of Santa Maria-esque - 

Ill look into tri tips. Not sure when i fire it up. Got some beef ribs to do this week, first crack at em, hope they turn out ok, mrs favorite thing at BBQ festivals

Nothing earth shattering here.  A quick lunch I whipped up before work.

THE PLAYERS

Smoked brisket point, shredded
Stubbs ancho-lime sauce
Caribbean Red Hab sauce
Burger buns

Brisket pulled from the fridge, and simmered in a small bit of water.

Stubbs

Hab sauce

Both sauces simmering.

Lunch...BANG!!

Well, the Stubbs was pretty good with the beef, but I suspect it will marry better with the pork butt I also smoked.  We'll see...

Thought i might pop in for a minute

Fired up the pit today and ongoing, for some Chicken wings, thighs, beef ribs and salmon. Making some food for this week

Wings are marinated in a kind of African/Jerk mix, thighs in a bqq dry rub, ribs salt and pepper, salmon sweet chilli soy

In goes the chicken, some ribs and salmon

DSC01003.JPG

DSC01005.JPG

DSC01007.JPG

DSC01010.JPG

DSC01012.JPG

Couple hours in on the chicken

DSC01008.JPG

DSC01011.JPG

Dang Boom.

I will get down on all fours and bark like a dog to be tag teamed in the mouth with that salmon and beef!

The salmon looks perfecto as does the beef.

That's the kind of food that when it comes off the smoker and hits the kitchen cutting board, that's as far as it gets.

Never makes it to the plate, it gets eaten right off the board.

Goodern' hell!

Cheers fellas, thinking this weekend gonna have another crack at beef ribs, some pork ribs and possibly poppers and chicken again.

What's some other different things to do???? Have made some jerky in it before, done pulled pork, whole chickens. Tempted to try smoking some cheeses though

Boom smoked cheese is most excellente' but more of cold smoked 'thang if you can manage it in that 'thang.

Are you asking for suggestions for future smokes?

C'mon man...like you need help.

But if we're suggesting....

Smoked wings. 

Maybe something exclusively Aussie.

Like smoked roo or wallaby.

Buffalo?

Smoked croc tail?

Americans eat gator, is there commercial croc meat available?

And I gotta' say, them big ole' tiger shrimps are pretty dang goodern' hell when smoked.

I've marinaded them in a teriyaki/orange and smoked 'em.

Incredible.

Back