• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Boomas BBQ

Cooking with Fire, gets a whole lot more attention, this thread is going to get regular updates on all things BBQ.

As some are aware i got a custom built pit/smoker last year and am slowly getting my head around this whole style of cooking. Lots of fun!!

Soon there will be a new toy to add to the outdoor kitchen, hopefully sooner than later............

Still after as much feedback as possible, always trying to improve.

So to start this off, Brisket cooked yesterday for about 9-10 hrs, then wrapped and rested in an Esky for 2-3 hours. Brisket was sprinkled with a plain old mix of salt and pepper.

Pork ribs done 3-2-1 method with a dry rub

DSC00990.JPG

DSC00991.JPG

DSC00992.JPG

DSC00993.JPG

Yeah TB, future ideas, just want to try new things.

And hey, may look like I know what I'm doing bit still an amateur, got a whole lot to learn, haven't even usedthe pit a dozen times yet.

I was contemplating doing roo, but it can be hard to come by, an is usually sold in small steaks or mince. Croc, haven't seen it for sale anywhere l
Yeah TB, future ideas, just want to try new things.

And hey, may look like I know what I'm doing but still an amateur, got a whole lot to learn, haven't even used the pit a dozen times yet.

I was contemplating doing roo, but it can be hard to come by, an is usually sold in small steaks or mince. Croc, haven't seen it for sale anywhere local to me, interstate yes.

Still finding it hard enough to get good ribs from any damn butcher or pork butt, brisket etc.

Shrimp! That's got me thinking.......

Booma said:
Cheers fellas, thinking this weekend gonna have another crack at beef ribs, some pork ribs and possibly poppers and chicken again.

What's some other different things to do???? Have made some jerky in it before, done pulled pork, whole chickens. Tempted to try smoking some cheeses though
Salmon and any oily fish (cobia, mackerel, whitefish).

A fatty (look it up... like a large bacon-wrapped meatball).

Turkey breast or whole turkey.

Tri-tip.

Jerk chicken thighs.

I love tri tip's Its a nice grill and slow cook meat - Im still experimenting with rubs with it. Great on a sandwich or stands up on its own on a plate. :drooling:

One bit of advice, next time don't puree it, pulse it a few times until it's a wet paste with relish size bits of scallion, etc. Nit picking but it tastes a lot better, and gives the chicken a nice coating that doesn't disappear.

Boneless, skinless thighs, done at 230-250 for 3-4 hours

Yeah I was going for a not so smooth consistency at first but the new blender had turned it into a velvety smooth sauce within a second or two.

LOL... damn that good blender!

Tried to Q some Szechuan Duck today. Dry spice rub, in the pit for 4 hours, basted the last 1/2 hour.

Did find that the smoke didnt penetrate as well is it does with chicken??

and no money shots, as my carving skills were terrible..... need to work on that

DSC01090.JPG

DSC01092.JPG

Back