• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Boomas BBQ

Cooking with Fire, gets a whole lot more attention, this thread is going to get regular updates on all things BBQ.

As some are aware i got a custom built pit/smoker last year and am slowly getting my head around this whole style of cooking. Lots of fun!!

Soon there will be a new toy to add to the outdoor kitchen, hopefully sooner than later............

Still after as much feedback as possible, always trying to improve.

So to start this off, Brisket cooked yesterday for about 9-10 hrs, then wrapped and rested in an Esky for 2-3 hours. Brisket was sprinkled with a plain old mix of salt and pepper.

Pork ribs done 3-2-1 method with a dry rub

DSC00990.JPG

DSC00991.JPG

DSC00992.JPG

DSC00993.JPG

texas blues said:

You're making me verklempt.

And I am honored to have been influential.

But I may have only put the notion in yer' noggin'.

You ran with it and made it yours.

And from the salmon you just posted from what I can tell..

I got nuthin' on you.

You rock that sheeit!

I love this thread, and Booma is a rockstar, but I have to take exception with this.  TB, I have had your salmon, and I have a hard time believing that ANYONE makes it better than you do.  You are being humble.

And I was lucky enough to have his salmon twice, once handed to me by the man hisself.

Now, about that duck... you got any left?

JayT said:
And I was lucky enough to have his salmon twice, once handed to me by the man hisself.

giphy.gif

dont flip your skirt blues. im just ribbing ya

booma your salmon and your thread rock with me. fuct the nazis

Been reading about Reverse Searing some steak, i just had to try it out.

Started with a 400gm Rib Eye, nothing special, just your average supermarket brand cut.

DSC01134.JPG

Let it rest till room temp then seasoned with salt and pepper.

DSC01135.JPG

Had the pit at 225, in goes the meat for approx. 45 minutes.

DSC01136.JPG

Now, while i was waiting, i got my little charcoal grill cranking, close to 600. Dropped the meat in, 1 minute, flip, 1 minute, flip and then again both sides, 2 minute sear either side total

Out she comes

DSC01139.JPG

Sliced it up, Looked Nice and pink, eat up

DSC01140.JPG

DSC01141.JPG

Was this the best steak i have eaten....... Very very close

Dang, that looks good! A little more cooked than I prefer, but I bet the flavor would make me forget all about that. Those charred fatty edges are my favorite part of a ribeye.  :drooling:

The Hot Pepper said:
Nice. What wood?

Red gum, quite a strong flavour wood, only used a little

muskymojo said:
Dang, that looks good! A little more cooked than I prefer, but I bet the flavor would make me forget all about that. Those charred fatty edges are my favorite part of a ribeye.  :drooling:

Yeah, this was a first attempt, so will adjust cooking time a touch next one. Those charred edges had SO MUCH FLAVOUR!!!!

WOW Boom!

I just popped a boner!

Years ago in Alaska I'd smoke a t-bone or porterhouse for an hour and finish it on the grill.

But never once did I ever get the incredible crusty crust on it like you have right there.

Vegan's all over the world are balling like babies right now thanks to you.

Goodern' hell senor!

Drooling! What's that white stuff on it, did you splooge all over it when you tasted it?  :rofl:

I tried reverse searing a while back with the same cut of meat, I think I had it on indirect heat for something like 10 mins, then a minute or two at full heat on the grill each side, this was on a gas BBQ. The result was freakin butter. Looking at your pics dude, I'm seriously getting inspired to buy a charcoal grill and a smoker :D 

Nicely done....like the char on the outside, a tad more "blue" on the in's would be how I'd order it.
Ribeye is a great piece of meat...I'll sear the outsides at a high temp on top  of the stove of a whole rib roast, then place in into a 225 oven. Takes a good morning to slow roast but guaranteed to be rare throughout.

Photos #2 and 4 are killers....nice job.

Hells Kitchen said:
Drooling! What's that white stuff on it, did you splooge all over it when you tasted it?  :rofl:

I tried reverse searing a while back with the same cut of meat, I think I had it on indirect heat for something like 10 mins, then a minute or two at full heat on the grill each side, this was on a gas BBQ. The result was freakin butter. Looking at your pics dude, I'm seriously getting inspired to buy a charcoal grill and a smoker :D

Haha, just some garlic butter

PIC 1 said:
Nicely done....like the char on the outside, a tad more "blue" on the in's would be how I'd order it.
Ribeye is a great piece of meat...I'll sear the outsides at a high temp on top  of the stove of a whole rib roast, then place in into a 225 oven. Takes a good morning to slow roast but guaranteed to be rare throughout.

Photos #2 and 4 are killers....nice job.

Cheers, yeh Pic, next time i will be going for a little less time, but very happy with the First crack at it.

Back