• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

bpiela's 2017 glog

Started some seeds today for the 2017 season.  Starting chinense's earlier than last year but at this time last year, I had already started a bunch of baccatum's and that was a mistake. Let's get this party started!

Sown 6 seeds of each of the following Chinense varieties today in a 60 cell Bio Dome.  Put 2 seeds per cell, so each variety takes up 3 cells...

Pepper Name, Seed Source

Front Right
7 Pot Caramel, Scorched
7 Pot Defcon, Texas Hot Peppers
7 Pot Douglah, Pepper Joe
7 Pot Katie, Refining Fire Chiles
7 Pot Lava Red, Scorched Seed Train 2015
7 Pot Lava Yellow, Scorched Seed Train 2015
7 Pot Madballz, Mid West Chile Heads
7 Pot Primo, Bakers
7 Pot Primo Yellow, Texas Hot Peppers
7 Pot Rennie Chocolate, Texas Hot Peppers
Front Left
Bhut Jolokia Caramel, Fatalii.net
Bhut Jolokia Carrot, Puckerbutt
Bhut Jolokia Chocolate Smooth, Scorched Seed Train 2015
Bhut Jolokia Creamy Yellow, jcw10tc
Bhut Jolokia Orange Copenhagen, Wicked Mike OP pepper
Habanero Black Stinger, jcw10tc
Habanero Peach Jumbo, Phoenix Seed Train 2015
Habanero Pumpkin, Pepper Joe
Habanero Red Savina, Hot Stuff Seed Train 2015
Habanero Chocolate, Baker Creek

Poor Photography alert!!!

So, for th e12 cell Jiffy mini Greenhouse, I have not watered it in awhile and more Aji Lemon Drops have popped.  None of the other varieties have popped yet except for the lone Blushing Dutchman.

wFuebKa.jpg

The Frutescens/Baccatum 60 cell Biodome that I started 8 days ago is full of action:

lVnHDBy.jpg

The right 3 columns are Baccatums and are doing great!  The left 3 columns are mostly Frutescens and I am getting stuff to pop there as well. 

Lastly, I have transplanted all of my Chinense to square pots with standard MG Potting Soil.  Here is a shot.

EtqfWux.jpg

I believe they will do fine.  Just gotta decide which annuums to grow and get them started and I am in full on grow mode.  Having some problems with spider mites with my OW's.  Might have to get a wave of ladybugs going.

Haven't updated in about 10 days, so here we go.

Most seedlings are doing fine.  Pic to follow.  All seedlings grown in the Jiffy 8 cell Greenhouse cheapo piece of plastic are not doing well.  They are all struggling.  This includes my Aji Lemon Drops.  Oh well, not going for the win there.  I transplanted all of my baccatums and Frutescens to 3" pots.  Almost all germinated.  The Aji White Lightning Bolts and the Aji Painapple F2's did not germinate but I got more seeds and I will make another run at it.

I put down two more 60 cell BioDomes for the annuums and that should be all she wrote as far as starting seeds are concerned.  For annuums this year, I am doing the standard jalapenos and thai peppers as well as trying to grow a bunch of large milds.

Following along with the way I have been starting the other peppers, I have split the 6 columns of 10 cells into a right 3 columns and a left 3 columns.  Each cell, I put a minimum of two seeds, 3 cells to a pepper type.  I started the following:

Front Right
Aconcagua Giant BE (Scorched Seed Train 2015)
Big Jim 2011 WR  (Chileseeds USA)
Ms. Junie (Chileseeds USA)
Guajillo  (Chileseeds USA)
Bell of Gollu (Scorched Seed Train 2015)
Gentle Giant (Reimers)  Had to grow these.  Great name!
Lemme's Italian (Scorched Seed Train 2015)
Matay (Phoenix Seed Train)
Paradicsom Alaku  (Refining Fire Chiles)
Sulu Adana PL (Scorched Seed Train 2015)
Front Left
Giant Ristra (Reimers)
Relleno (Reimers)  These grow to 12".  Should be cool.
Kori Sitakame  (Fatalii.net)
Gochu Cheongyang (Phoenix Seed Train 2015)
Pimient de Espellette (Phoenix Seed Train 2015)
St. Helena (Scorched Seed Train 2015)
Devil's Brew (Fatalii.net)
Targu Mures (Hot Stuff Seed Train 2015)
Cveta (Rainbow Chile Seeds)
Filfil I Surkh PI 125801 (Scorched Seed Train 2015)

2nd BioDome
Front Right
Jalapeno Purple (jcw10tc THP member)
Jalapeno Taijin F1 (Reimers) On recommendation by Noah Yates THP member
Jalapeno Cracked PL (Scorched Seed Train 2015)
Jalachuan BE (Scorched Seed Train 2015)
Xalapa (Phoenix Seed Train 2015)
Serrano Tampequino  (Texas Hot Peppers)
Padron (store bought seeds from Seeds of Change)
Fuszer Paprika (Scorched Seed Train 2015)
Kimisi  (Scorched Seed Train 2015)
Kumasi (Scorched Seed Train 2015) Not sure if these are the same with spelling errors or not...
Front Left
Thai Hot Yellow (Scorched Seed Train 2015) I guess I took a bunch of annuums off of that seed train.  It did stop my way twice...
Thai Purple (Texas Hot Peppers)
Dilly Street Tamwork Birdseye (Scorched Seed Train 2015)
Super Chile (Reimers)
Sadabahar (Scorched Seed Train 2015)
Banjul Market (Hot Stuff Seed Train 2015)
Thunder Mountain Longhorn (wiri wiri THP member)
Al-bab (Fiery Fords)
Antakie (Fiery Fords)
Antap Aci Dolma (Fiery Fords)

Phew!  I should have room once I get a new LED light.  I have a few weeks before that becomes a necessity.

Some of my annuums are starting to pop.  Just saw some hooks on the Bell of Gollu, the Gentle Giant and Lemme's Italian.  Also the Purple Jalapeno, the Xalapa and the Serrano Tampequino are popping.  But, the best right now out of them are the Thunder Mountain Longhorn's.  All three cells have popped

Here is a pic of my three TCO 7246 plants.  I am really not too sure what they are.  I think it is a wild but I am not sure.  These plants are doing great!
jdgnFbQ.jpg

Here is a pic of the three Tshololo Orange plants.  Doing just fine.
wSxlzIY.jpg

Trying to deal with an aphid infestation at the moment.  Got 1500 ladybugs on their way.  I hope they can clear out this mess. 

Also, came up with a final list of what tomatos I will grow.  I will plant 36 cells for tomatos, 2 cells per type, 2 seeds per cells (maybe three).  When I bought the Aji Lemon Drop seeds from Trade Winds Fruit, I went a little crazy with tomato seeds so I will be growing all of them plus a couple extra.  I will plant these in a couple of weeks.  That list is:

Super Beefsteak (Burpee)
San Marzano (Seeds of Change)
Ty's Taxi (Penny's Tomatos, old seeds laying around)
Nebraska Wedding (Penny's)
Burbank Slicing (Penny's)
Early Girl (Trade Winds Fruit)
Blue Beauty (TDWF)
Cosmic Eclipse (TDWF)
Dark Galaxy (TDWF)
Indigo Apple (TDWF)
Lucid Gem (TDWF)
Red Beauty (TDWF)
Noire De Crime'e (Trump Seed Train)
Sun Gold Cherry (TDWF)
Sun Sugar (TDWF)
Sungella (TDWF)
Spoon (TDWF)
Sunrise Bumble Bee (TDWF)

Got some netting up and just released the Kraken, and by Kraken I mean 1500 ladybugs.

f0r7wrE.jpg

zFMypPV.jpg

And a couple of blurry pics of the latest seeds I started.  I don't understand how I can suck so much at taken pictures on my crappy cell phone but I just do.

First is a pic of my first biodome of annuums.  So, I split these up into two halves with the three right columns and the three left columns.  Here you can see that the Bell of Gollu, the Gentle Giants and the Lemme's Italian have all popped in all three of their cells.
cE7GsPK.jpg

Here is the second biodome of annuums which is doing much better.
26QEzmJ.jpg

Showing a pic of my Calvin... uh I mean CAP 501s alongside a CAP 1144 and a CAP 691.  Three different families but I just wanted to show the CAP 501's and how purple they are at this early stage.  I am told they will grow out of it.  That is fine.  Ultimately, I will take whatever it gives me.

3oacXVe.jpg

OCD Chilehead said:
Nice work Ben.

stickman said:
Glad to see you're off to a roaring start Ben! Keep up the good work! :)

wiriwiri said:
Looks like you have everything under control Ben.....the sprouts seem to like their enviro.,   con't success. :P

Devv said:
Gotta love the Lady Bugs!

Glad to see all those babies Ben ;)

Thanks all for the kind words.  I hope I can keep things going well.    Still got two months to go at least.

Back