• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Brian2112 2011 Apartment growing update

No, we didn't have that big storm..
But I'm glad that all of your plants are doing alright!

Thanks! Watching another one bearing down on us on the radar as I type this. The little guys will either break are get even tougher!

Looks like it may pass over your area as well...

Thanks! Watching another one bearing down on us on the radar as I type this. The little guys will either break are get even tougher!

Looks like it may pass over your area as well...
Yeah, looks like we got some rain, nothing to bad...

I just transplanted my Bhut and Douglah into 5gal buckets, hopefully they will take off!

Today is my prolonged plant out....more peppermint schnapps is helping....Thanks for reminding me about Douglahs....My 2 barely alive sunburnt ones will have to go out next. Wonder what would grow if we just plant a guy named Douglas....close enough right?

Edit to say please forgive my :beer:

Yeah, looks like we got some rain, nothing to bad...

I just transplanted my Bhut and Douglah into 5gal buckets, hopefully they will take off!

They should get huge in those buckets. I think that's how Neil grew his 6-foot tall Butch Ts.

How's the aphid war going?

Orange Habanero early harvest and a Cajun Belle Pepper
IMG_0322.jpg

IMG_0323.jpg

Plants are looking good! I believe you may have ripe superhots in June...

You are at least a month ahead of me. Probably the only peppers I will have in abundance in the next few weeks will be Aji Limon and Jalmundo...

Plants are looking good! I believe you may have ripe superhots in June...

You are at least a month ahead of me. Probably the only peppers I will have in abundance in the next few weeks will be Aji Limon and Jalmundo...
Thanks
Yeah, I'm still in battle with aphids... Lol
I hope I can still get a good harvest with those hellish things!
I always wanted to try an Aji Limon.. Are they good?

Thanks
Yeah, I'm still in battle with aphids... Lol
I hope I can still get a good harvest with those hellish things!
I always wanted to try an Aji Limon.. Are they good?

I believe you can whip the aphids. You had a pretty heavy infestation...It just might take a while to wipe them all out.

I just had to do another spray for them last week, but only on the container babies. The in-ground plants don't seem to be bothered by aphids. Someone told me not only do the lady bugs eat them, but also the fire ants. And I've got plenty of them in the garden.

Aji Limon are real different from anything else I've ever had, and quite wonderful. Imagine a slice of lemon with the spice of maybe a cayenne, plus the extra fruitiness of the C. baccatum species. Also, a really fun plant to grow...They are way bushier and taller than the C. chinense and C. annuum plants, and seem to be more robust. I'll have some photos up soon.

It looks like I will probably have way more than I can use, so I can send you some fresh pods if you like?

Hey Brian2112

That Naga pod pic you posted is looking nice and the plant seems to be good sized too.
I predict lots of chilli pain going you way soon.

Bleash

nice looking super chile good to see what it looks like :)
im trying that species for the first time this year, im told there good pickled :mouthonfire:

the others look great too :cool:

thanks your friend Joe

I believe you can whip the aphids. You had a pretty heavy infestation...It just might take a while to wipe them all out.

I just had to do another spray for them last week, but only on the container babies. The in-ground plants don't seem to be bothered by aphids. Someone told me not only do the lady bugs eat them, but also the fire ants. And I've got plenty of them in the garden.

Aji Limon are real different from anything else I've ever had, and quite wonderful. Imagine a slice of lemon with the spice of maybe a cayenne, plus the extra fruitiness of the C. baccatum species. Also, a really fun plant to grow...They are way bushier and taller than the C. chinense and C. annuum plants, and seem to be more robust. I'll have some photos up soon.

It looks like I will probably have way more than I can use, so I can send you some fresh pods if you like?
Yep, hopefully they all die....
I heard people love the Aji Limon, sounds fantastic!
Sure, I would love some fresh pods if you can spare a few.... Ill send you some other types in return!

nice looking super chile good to see what it looks like :)
im trying that species for the first time this year, im told there good pickled :mouthonfire:

the others look great too :cool:

thanks your friend Joe
Awesome, this was my first time growing the naga too... Looking good and hot so far, i think i would need some pumping-up to eat a fresh one! LOL :mouthonfire:

Hey Brian2112

That Naga pod pic you posted is looking nice and the plant seems to be good sized too.
I predict lots of chilli pain going you way soon.

Bleash
Thanks Bleash
I hope your right about lots of chilli pain comming my way.... beacuse i am ready :cool:

Yep, hopefully they all die....
I heard people love the Aji Limon, sounds fantastic!
Sure, I would love some fresh pods if you can spare a few.... Ill send you some other types in return!

Cool! I'll hand deliver a big sack of fresh Limons to you in NOLA, and just bring back that nice Naga plant in my jeep, kay? :cool:

I've been waiting for days for the wind to die down enough for me to take some snapshots of the honking big green Limon pods, but they won't sit still long enough for a picture!

Cool! I'll hand deliver a big sack of fresh Limons to you in NOLA, and just bring back that nice Naga plant in my jeep, kay? :cool:

I've been waiting for days for the wind to die down enough for me to take some snapshots of the honking big green Limon pods, but they won't sit still long enough for a picture!
Haha sounds good, just one thing though..., I dont think it would fit in your jeep! lol the thing is getting massive!
Cant wait to see some pictures of those big Limons!! Hurry!

Back