• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Brian2112 2011 Apartment growing update

Tobasco
IMG_0379.jpg

Douglah
IMG_0380.jpg

Bhut Jolokia
IMG_0381.jpg

Those are soe awesome looking plants, my plants from CCN will be here friday according to the tracking number I just got. Hopefully mine will have enough time to get as big as yours. I will also be growing in 5 gallon buckets

Those are soe awesome looking plants, my plants from CCN will be here friday according to the tracking number I just got. Hopefully mine will have enough time to get as big as yours. I will also be growing in 5 gallon buckets
Thanks Coheed!
Yeah you should have enough time for them to get huge... 5 gallon pots or buckets work great... The bigger the better.

Thanks Joey!
I love the flavor of those little guys!

Man, I'm like a kid at Christmas waiting on my plants to get here tomorrow. Then I gotta wait even longer for them to get massive like yours. Are you going to try to over-winter any of yours? I know LA's and AL's growing seasons are pretty close so just curious as to when you will start the process if you were gonna attempt it.

Vincent

Man, I'm like a kid at Christmas waiting on my plants to get here tomorrow. Then I gotta wait even longer for them to get massive like yours. Are you going to try to over-winter any of yours? I know LA's and AL's growing seasons are pretty close so just curious as to when you will start the process if you were gonna attempt it.

Hey, did your plants make it to you yet?? If they did, hoe do they look from CCN??
I might try to overwinter some superhots, I guess I'll start when night temps are around 40 degrees... Maybe trim umm down close to the main fork of the plant... I'm guessing that may be around Nov. or so....??

Vincent

Update 6/3/2011

Cajun Bell
IMG_0390.jpg

Jalapeno
IMG_0393.jpg

Little Overwintered Hab
IMG_0391.jpg
\

Explosive Ember
IMG_0392.jpg

Ripening Jalapeno
IMG_0388.jpg

Dried Super Chilli
IMG_0389.jpg

Nice! The Ember is off the chain...definitely living up to its name!

The orange habs are beautiful, too.

Those Tabasco pods seem extra long. Where did you get the seeds?

Nice! The Ember is off the chain...definitely living up to its name!

The orange habs are beautiful, too.

Those Tabasco pods seem extra long. Where did you get the seeds?

Thank you

The Tobasco seeds are from the New Mexico University, they all grew awesome!

You're doing something very right, because my NMSU Tabasco pods did not get that big. Maybe it was because my co-workers kept picking them green, and they never had a chance to fully develop. Or maybe it was because I didn't plant my garden until mid-June, when the weather was already unnaturally hot. Whatever the case, yours this year look larger and fuller than mine did last year:

PB050087.jpg

Hey Brian, yea my plants did come in from CCN on the 3rd. They all looked pretty good...had a few that had dropped some of the leaves, but other than that all were in pretty good shape. I ordered: Bhut Yellow and Chocolate, 7 Pod, Red Savina, Trinidad Scorpion and Naga Morich. I've got them all settled in their 1 gallon pots as of right now. I transferred them into the 1 gallons on the 6th. I will give them a couple weeks to get settled and hopefully a little bigger then move them into the 5 gallon buckets.

Back