Bringing Peppers/Seeds back from a cruise

Nothing. But typically you go through customs where you're supposed to declare such things. Awful easy to hide though ...

I like the mailing idea as a backup, if there was time.

Yeah I am a bad person. I answer no to that stuff.

Not as romantic as hiding them in a body cavity, but I am going with frdturner and saying just mail them to yourself.  Never been on a cruise, but traveled lots of European countries while living in Germany.  I was all the time sending things back to my folk.  I think as long as they are declared a gift, nobody really cares unless they smell like something else.

ajdrew said:
Not as romantic as hiding them in a body cavity, but I am going with frdturner and saying just mail them to yourself.  Never been on a cruise, but traveled lots of European countries while living in Germany.  I was all the time sending things back to my folk.  I think as long as they are declared a gift, nobody really cares unless they smell like something else.
lol yeah I got this picture of some 7 pots stuffed down someone's pants...or in a body cavity... and them running through customs screaming lol Just remembering those times I went to the head 4 hours after prepping my peppers for the dehydrator and suddenly realizing I didn't wash my hands enough.... :hell:

D3monic said:
They are just pepper seeds not a bunch of smuggled antiquities. Put em in your bag and forget about it. Hell declare them if you feel like it. It's not illegal to bring them home https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/detail/a_id/600/~/importing-plants-and-plant-productsYou can even cross check on their website Peppers from Jamaica are approved, I didn't check the others. But it's a safe bet. 
antiquities ? big ass word for a friday !  lol  :rofl:
JoynersHotPeppers said:
I have carried stuff into and out of most of the West Indies, Panama, Costa Rica, Nicaragua and Mexico. :)
can't argue that one !   ( Hogleg )    :onfire:

Easy to sneak some seeds through.  When possible? fuggit!

coachspencerxc said:
Funny thread. My parents are coming home this weekend from Guatemala with some nice seeds. They think they can bring whole pods through because they drove across from Canada with 50 lbs of carrots & brought corn seeds back from Guatemala last time. I disagree, but my dad doesn't listen. I MAY have some nice Chiltepe, Petenero, Caballo (rocoto), etc seeds on Sunday or I may be bailing my parents out of jail. :)

So, did they make it?  ;)

Geonerd said:

So, did they make it?  ;)
They did, they did. Whole pods even. 5 varieties. Only got names for a few of them & the people they asked spoke K'iche' (Mayan language ) so I'll need to do some ID work.

Yeah were not trying to smuggle heroin, diamonds or rare gold coins, I would check with customs coming and going before trying something that might lead to a full body and cavity search. If you get desperate you could shove the seeds up your nose and just tell them you're having an allergy attack from something you ate. Or after having stuck said seeds up your nose you could tell them you are having some kind of fit. I highly doubt that should you get checked in costoms and they see a couple little plastic seed bags taped to the inside of a greetings card,  that they would take them unless they was taped to a pound of Hash.

George

Yea exactly, remember the zip of Blue Mtn hash you, said you were going to bring back for me? just put them with that, no worries. :lol:

filmost said:
Yeah I am a bad person. I answer no to that stuff.
Like b I said in my 1st reply, awful difficult to declare something that fell down your shirt and ended up in your sock.
wildseed57 said:
Yeah were not trying to smuggle heroin, diamonds or rare gold coins, I would check with customs coming and going before trying something that might lead to a full body and cavity search. If you get desperate you could shove the seeds up your nose and just tell them you're having an allergy attack from something you ate. Or after having stuck said seeds up your nose you could tell them you are having some kind of fit. I highly doubt that should you get checked in costoms and they see a couple little plastic seed bags taped to the inside of a greetings card,  that they would take them unless they was taped to a pound of Hash.

George
Yeah man!!! Hot pepper seeds up yer nose, they will never suspect anything.

Back