Bud Light?

I understand the need to just sometimes drink alot of "beer". As for some great suds in a can try:

Ska Brewery Modus Hoperandi & Yingling (if you can find it).

That works for me. You can all go fishing and I'll chill on the dock, burn one and enjoy my good beer. I hate bud light, and would rather watch paint dry than fish so it'd work perfectly.

Olympia in a can, or Hamms, I like Heine in a can as well, that big keg looking can. Negra Modelo comes in a can as well I think, that's a pretty good beer. Pabst and Blue Ribbon too.

I didn't catch the in a can thing before, but on a budget I can handle Corona or pacifico. Negra Modelo works too but not so cheap.

The Coor's and Bud's taste/seem like water after you been drinking non pilsner's...

I'll plow some Hamms Captain. Hard to find here though. And honestly Diablo, if it's there on the boat- yes to all of the above. Olympia should def be in the water catagory though.

Some of my other favorite fishing/can beers are Old Style and Blatz (not because they are good, just sentimental reasons) and Leinenkugel's. Good but not available here.

My buddies that go snowboarding up in BC love that Kokanee stuff. There's this place out east that sells it in bottles for $8.99 a sixer. You get it in cans up there?

hell, i'm just finishing a 12-pak of Kokanee Gold bottles taht was 8.99... :twisted:

We get cans, bottles, you name it.

I live about 90mi from B.C. though.... ;)

Yeah, Kokanee is pretty damn tasty. Spent a summer up in WA- Port Angeles, eleven years ago. Tons of good beers available up that way as I recall.

Damn, $9 for a 12 pack. I usually pay at least that for a 6 pack. Most of the beers I buy are more like $12 a 6 pack and plenty of others that are in the $6-9 range for one larger than normal bottle. It the stuff any good?

When I want something cheaper, I usually go with Yuengling. It's by far the best cheap beer, IMO. And not just that its tolerable, it's actually a decent beer.

Only beers DESIGNED for fishing they are made here in oz.. LOL ;)
VB
Carlton COLD
Carlton Draught
Hahn premium
Tooheys new
Bundy rum (i know not beer but this is the warmer for winter)
james Boag

[yt] [/yt]

[yt][/yt]

And last but not least:
[yt][/yt]

Big ad's pretty funny. That beer kinda rings a bell. Got to see if the Aussie pub down the street can get some VB. They have a few kinds of Coopers that I remember liking a lot.

love the coopers sparkling ale... maybe not a fishing beer but definitely one of the best beers for beer battered fish I have ever had.. that bottle conditioned yeast flavour really punches thru.

Sentimental beers for fishing for me are

Molson Golden.. affectionately known as Moldy Goldy..

Labbat's 50 Ale .. learned to drink this stuff middle of summertime warm... No one will take this beer out of your cooler at a party , never mind swipe it when warm..

I dont know if anyone else has tried it but im visiting my girlfriend in American Samoa and they have a beer here brewed in Samoa called Vailima. Im loving it. I think it would be pretty good on a fishing trip.

Ashen said:
love the coopers sparkling ale... maybe not a fishing beer but definitely one of the best beers for beer battered fish I have ever had.. that bottle conditioned yeast flavour really punches thru.

Never had their sparkling ale like that before, but sounds damn good

rlslmshdy said:
I dont know if anyone else has tried it but im visiting my girlfriend in American Samoa and they have a beer here brewed in Samoa called Vailima. Im loving it. I think it would be pretty good on a fishing trip.

Nah, haven't heard about it until now. What's American Samoa like though?

Well I probably want do it justice because you have to see it to believe it. But American Samoa is incredible. Everything is laid back, really stress free living. People are awsome, so friendly. Its a tropical island. Anyways about the beer. I was very surprised it is great. I like Heinekin, Id put it on that level.

Sounds like a very cool place to be. I'm sure you're scouring the island for market chilis and stuff to eat and for seeds. Might as well while you're there.

I can't help but drop one more Obama BL photo.

obamasbl.jpg

Back