• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

Buffalo Wild Wings, thoughts on blazin sauce.

BWW is a joke to me.  Sub-Par quality food, with sub-par heat, and sub-par service.  The only time I go there is for sporting events that are not televised and even then I normally bring a vial of powder with me and order the mango habanero sauce.   

There is a shop near me called "Jake's BBQ" and they have a wing challenge that is intense for even Chile Heads.    He uses a blend of Dry powders, and sauce made from fresh peppers.  He wouldn't clarify what was in it, but said he grows his own produce.   

Judging by the flavor I want to say he is using Choc. Bhuts for the powder, and some other Fruity Superhot for the sauce.  No bitter flavor from extract like a lot of places try to use.  It really is a gnarly but tasty challenge.  He gives you a puke bucket, and makes you sign an actual waiver.  Not one of those "waivers" that are one piece of paper.  This is a legal text sheet 8x14 with paragraphs of legal text to cover his ass.  If you win, the meal is free, yo get a free beer, you get a T-Shirt, and a 8x11 on the wall..  

Rules:  You have to eat all 12 wings in under 6 minutes, no liquids or bread.   

I went a few weeks ago with a buddy, it was late and the only thing open besides fast food.  They had a "test" sauce that was Mole(mexican mole) and it was actually REALLY good.  A little more chocolate and a little more heat and it would have been a winner.  Sadly it wont make it on their full time menu.

Back