• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Burgers? Hell Yeah!!

Hey y'all looking through the sacred THP scrolls it is apparent that most awesome of foods is sorely neglected. That's right chidren's, I'm talkin' about BURGERS!! Sliders. Pub burgers. Fast food style burgers. Gastro burgers. Cheffy burgers. CHEESEBURGERS!!! Single and double meat. Triple meat. Extreme burgers. Man vs. Food burgers....the list is endless but y'all get the idea.

We won't go into the endless arguments of who created the first hamburger (Fletcher Davis) or what meat qualifies as a burger. Nonetheless....here are the rules for posting in this soon to be awesome thread:

1. Any meat goes. Beef, chicken, pork, lamb, rat, fish. Whatever, hunt it down and kill it with a knife. Its all good and I've included the options other than the traditional beef so all the kids can play in the pool. If its ground and round, its all good.

2. The damn 'thang has to be between 2 slices of bread or bun. White bread. Brioche. Sourdough. English muffin. Whole wheat. Its got to be bready. No wrap crap or wild pizza dough like chingaderra's.

3. Any cooking method goes. Grilled. Broiled. Griddled. Steamed. Deep fried. Zippo lighter.

4. Because I love to ridicule to no end tree hugging granola wimps and hippy's.....
Veggie burgers are all good. Just be prepared for the woe and gnashing of teeth and smack talk that will soon come if you post it. It will be all in fun and all good.

5. You suck at cooking? The only thing that would suck more is if you posted pics of your restaurant burger. For the sake of keeping the comedy rolling...
Any burger you didn't cook or you bought is allowed and is all good. Warning: while allowed, posting pics of BK burgers or their ilk with a splash of tabasco will bring upon you the most ridicule and insults. Even more than a veggie burger!

6. Chile's and/or hotsauce is mandatory on the burger. ON the burger, no crap on the side.

7. Pics are mandatory. No posting about a burger you made or ate without pics. You will suffer extreme ridicule and experience much loathing. Just don't do it.

8. Include a list of condiments and toppings. Mayo. Mustard. Onions. Cheese. Extract of male baboon spermatazoa. Whatever. Post it.

There it is y'all. Can you get down brown with it? Allrighty then...

RELEASE THE KRAKEN!

Here's mine. Sliders. 80/20 ground chuck from Matador Meat Market, Frisco, Tx. Cooked over fine diced yellow onions in cast iron using the smash technique. Toasted Pepperidge Farm slider buns with mustard, the onions, dill pickle and jalapeno pickle slices. Kraft brand American Plastic Cheese.

IMG_3447.jpg

Adult beverages are encouraged in the pics but not mandatory. Dig that awesome cast iron crust sear!

IMG_3448.jpg

So bring on your burgers. And that means those damn Aussie's and their stinkin' beet root too!!

It legally has to be called cheese food lol. For reals!

Just looked at ingredients, there's cheese. Yeah, generic "formaggio" as ingredient. Sounds kinda recursive. I don't like recursion in food. :D

Hehe...
American cheese can not be legally sold under the name "cheese" in the US. Instead, federal (and even some state) laws mandate that it be labeled as "processed cheese", "cheese product", "cheese food", etc. As a result, sometimes even the word "cheese" is absent, altogether, from the product's labeling in favor of, e.g., "American slices" or "American singles"

In Italy it may be different... but surprised you like it! Hey maybe it's even good there!!! Other countries usually have the better versions of US stuff, lol.

I call it Kraft singles because italian wikipedia sottilette page sends to kraft single page and seems indeed same thing. Classic sottiletta is Kraft here too.
But there are many brands of sottilette... Lots of cheaper (in all senses), other better and emmenthal like... Not an expert here, not a big fan of that.

They're very well known in Italy, most common use it's with toast (pan carrè with ham and sottilette. There are better versions with other bread and cheese, they're still good). My mom makes an excellent pie with potatoes, ham, sottilette.

It has its uses, real cheese is better, that of course isn't even debatable! :D

The onliest time I eat processed cheese is when I hit up In-N-Out for my cheeseburger fix.

Its bad for ya' and doesn't really taste all that like real cheese but the melty factor is goodern' hell!

texas blues said:
but the melty factor is goodern' hell!

Btw i suspect there are many other forms of processed cheese in markets here... Maybe a thing we call formaggino. Maybe next time i'll go buy something i'll check that...

Been in Houston for the past few days visiting the little sister. So I had to show off my new found slider skills. We went with 93/7 ground beef I made a few with just the muenster cheese, but I made mine with the smashed onion technique and a couple with smashed jalapeños and muenster. For the fancy sauce we made two; mayo and sriracha and the other with mayo and pineapple habanero sauce. Would've taken a few more pics but I was busy cookin... and drinkin.

Thumb ring

3C I like the way you get down brown with the mojofication.

Melty spicy slider smashed goodnessess.

Muenster cheese huh?

I've seen several burgers sportin' that meltiness.

A trend?

Is it hipster?

I dunno' but I want some.

The thumb rang is the identifier of authenticity.

That all gets the Good Housekeeping Seal of Approval of Goodern'Hell!

That muenster cheese is the ish it melts but stays together know what I mean. I made a dozen of those bad boys and they were gone in less than a half hour! Im not one to eat onions on my burger but I got to say thin sliced smashed into the meat changed my whole perspective on life!

SumOfMyBits said:
Hipsters make fun of me for using Muenster. They're just jealous I was drinkin' PBR when they where in 4th grade.

Who's bullying you for using muenster?

Fitty put some punk kids up to that?

Most excellente' CH!

Cheese looks really melty.

Those look like ripe jalapeno wheels no?

What do most people in Argentina put on their burgers?

Mayo, mustard and or ketchup?

And usually what veggie's?

Lettuce, tomato etc.?

Most put, lettuce, tomato, onion, cheese, mayonnaise and / or ketchup. Some also ham and egg. 

I always add hot pepper powder or canned. in the photo are mature jalapenos (my plants) and gouda cheese.

Here burgers eaten much. Many international brands everywhere, Mc Donalds, Buerger King, Wendys, KFC, etc ... also many local marks, but are richest foreign chains.

La queso y tomate' es super rico y tambien la pan.

Pero, neccesito a uno photographia de la uno corto de media para la dinero.

Me gusto muchas la savoja fresca tambien!

Es la mejor con la hambuergesa.

Back