• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Burgers? Hell Yeah!!

Hey y'all looking through the sacred THP scrolls it is apparent that most awesome of foods is sorely neglected. That's right chidren's, I'm talkin' about BURGERS!! Sliders. Pub burgers. Fast food style burgers. Gastro burgers. Cheffy burgers. CHEESEBURGERS!!! Single and double meat. Triple meat. Extreme burgers. Man vs. Food burgers....the list is endless but y'all get the idea.

We won't go into the endless arguments of who created the first hamburger (Fletcher Davis) or what meat qualifies as a burger. Nonetheless....here are the rules for posting in this soon to be awesome thread:

1. Any meat goes. Beef, chicken, pork, lamb, rat, fish. Whatever, hunt it down and kill it with a knife. Its all good and I've included the options other than the traditional beef so all the kids can play in the pool. If its ground and round, its all good.

2. The damn 'thang has to be between 2 slices of bread or bun. White bread. Brioche. Sourdough. English muffin. Whole wheat. Its got to be bready. No wrap crap or wild pizza dough like chingaderra's.

3. Any cooking method goes. Grilled. Broiled. Griddled. Steamed. Deep fried. Zippo lighter.

4. Because I love to ridicule to no end tree hugging granola wimps and hippy's.....
Veggie burgers are all good. Just be prepared for the woe and gnashing of teeth and smack talk that will soon come if you post it. It will be all in fun and all good.

5. You suck at cooking? The only thing that would suck more is if you posted pics of your restaurant burger. For the sake of keeping the comedy rolling...
Any burger you didn't cook or you bought is allowed and is all good. Warning: while allowed, posting pics of BK burgers or their ilk with a splash of tabasco will bring upon you the most ridicule and insults. Even more than a veggie burger!

6. Chile's and/or hotsauce is mandatory on the burger. ON the burger, no crap on the side.

7. Pics are mandatory. No posting about a burger you made or ate without pics. You will suffer extreme ridicule and experience much loathing. Just don't do it.

8. Include a list of condiments and toppings. Mayo. Mustard. Onions. Cheese. Extract of male baboon spermatazoa. Whatever. Post it.

There it is y'all. Can you get down brown with it? Allrighty then...

RELEASE THE KRAKEN!

Here's mine. Sliders. 80/20 ground chuck from Matador Meat Market, Frisco, Tx. Cooked over fine diced yellow onions in cast iron using the smash technique. Toasted Pepperidge Farm slider buns with mustard, the onions, dill pickle and jalapeno pickle slices. Kraft brand American Plastic Cheese.

IMG_3447.jpg

Adult beverages are encouraged in the pics but not mandatory. Dig that awesome cast iron crust sear!

IMG_3448.jpg

So bring on your burgers. And that means those damn Aussie's and their stinkin' beet root too!!

Booma saves the day yet again!

That looks even better than the new 'Most American Thickburger' from
burger places here called Carl's Jr or Hardee's.

"The new Most American Thickburger from Carl's Jr. and Hardee's features three classic American summertime favorites in every bite: a split hot dog and Lays Kettle Cooked Potato Chips atop a charbroiled 100 percent Black Angus beef burger."

TheMostAmericanThickburger_both-logos_zpsmt2qud97.jpg

And it's only 1,000+ calories!

http://q13fox.com/2015/05/28/model-in-hot-tub-on-truck-showcases-new-carls-jr-1000-calorie-burger/

Ash thats a killer pic and a helluva' guud lookin' burger!

Scheeze, mustard, and pickles, just the way I like to be liking it.

And also looks like mayo and possibly ketchup too.

The latter of which I don't do on burgers but I'd be a dang fool to refuse that beautiful 'thang.

Crusty.

Juicy.

And what's the bun?

Looks like an english muffin and pita had sekshool' relations and out popped that bun.

What hot stuff was on there?

hab powder...   also there was some heinz jalapeno ketchup

Not a bun as such , mini naan rounds we had in the freezer. they make a great bun for a burger though after toasting.  soft on the inside toasty outside. 
there was some homemade garden relish on there too. 

grilled on a cast iron grate over lump btw.   Like the boss says, grilled doesn't have to be burnt,  I mostly used the heat of the cast iron grate slightly offset from where the coals were. 

Ashen said:
hab powder...   also there was some heinz jalapeno ketchup

Not a bun as such , mini naan rounds we had in the freezer. they make a great bun for a burger though after toasting.  soft on the inside toasty outside. 
there was some homemade garden relish on there too. 

grilled on a cast iron grate over lump btw.   Like the boss says, grilled doesn't have to be burnt,  I mostly used the heat of the cast iron grate slightly offset from where the coals were. 

Where the fck did you find mini naan rounds? I would love those as buns and for sandwiches

Ashen said:
It looks perfect too!

I love them that way, and also the naan! Killer all around, that's my style.

Toasted bun
P5302208_zpsxbro6xx8.jpg

Onion and bacon getting hapy in butter over low n slow heat

P5302210_zpss9hqo7bm.jpg

Hand formed beef patties go in to remaing oils from butter, bacon and onion

P5302211_zps5bslgmed.jpg

Cheesed up with thin slices of Mainland Tasty (NZ Cheddar)

P5302212_zpskxnfmbn4.jpg

Foreground: Bun, patty, cheese, patty, cheese, bacon and onion.  Background: thin sliced dill pickle, diced pickled japs, French's moostard and Cholula hot sauce

P5302214_zpsooo7os6v.jpg

Uploading via photofucjit and nomming.  Was guuuuud!

P5302217_zpseaizzy8h.jpg

Somewhere between medium and medium well but I'd eat it!

At least you didn't lie and say it was medium rare but the pic looks different. :lol:

Most burger joints here that some people swear by cook to that doneness so I'd imagine it is goodernell.

Deathtosnails said:
Toasted bun
P5302208_zpsxbro6xx8.jpg

Onion and bacon getting hapy in butter over low n slow heat

P5302210_zpss9hqo7bm.jpg

Hand formed beef patties go in to remaing oils from butter, bacon and onion

P5302211_zps5bslgmed.jpg

Cheesed up with thin slices of Mainland Tasty (NZ Cheddar)

P5302212_zpskxnfmbn4.jpg

Foreground: Bun, patty, cheese, patty, cheese, bacon and onion.  Background: thin sliced dill pickle, diced pickled japs, French's moostard and Cholula hot sauce

P5302214_zpsooo7os6v.jpg

Uploading via photofucjit and nomming.  Was guuuuud!

P5302217_zpseaizzy8h.jpg
That^^ looks like breakfast, excellent burger. can I get two to go?  :P

grantmichaels said:
The pork roast pushed me into a medium-well pref, at least temporarily ...

There's enough bacon and cheese there that I'd be cool and the gang ...
that's cause it was still oinking on the pate while you were trying to stab it with a fork  ;)

Got damn.

I said GOT DAMN!

3,597th posts.

FPB posts are as goodern' or bettern' the first.

Have mercy!

NO REALLY!

Other interwebz forums might have the posts but they fo' sho' got dang don't have the pics.

Better 'bleed that.

texas blues said:
Got damn.

I said GOT DAMN!

3,597th posts.

FPB posts are as goodern' or bettern' the first.

Have mercy!

NO REALLY!

Other interwebz forums might have the posts but they fo' sho' got dang don't have the pics.

Better 'bleed that.
That was Deathtosnails buddy.

Back