• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Burgers? Hell Yeah!!

Hey y'all looking through the sacred THP scrolls it is apparent that most awesome of foods is sorely neglected. That's right chidren's, I'm talkin' about BURGERS!! Sliders. Pub burgers. Fast food style burgers. Gastro burgers. Cheffy burgers. CHEESEBURGERS!!! Single and double meat. Triple meat. Extreme burgers. Man vs. Food burgers....the list is endless but y'all get the idea.

We won't go into the endless arguments of who created the first hamburger (Fletcher Davis) or what meat qualifies as a burger. Nonetheless....here are the rules for posting in this soon to be awesome thread:

1. Any meat goes. Beef, chicken, pork, lamb, rat, fish. Whatever, hunt it down and kill it with a knife. Its all good and I've included the options other than the traditional beef so all the kids can play in the pool. If its ground and round, its all good.

2. The damn 'thang has to be between 2 slices of bread or bun. White bread. Brioche. Sourdough. English muffin. Whole wheat. Its got to be bready. No wrap crap or wild pizza dough like chingaderra's.

3. Any cooking method goes. Grilled. Broiled. Griddled. Steamed. Deep fried. Zippo lighter.

4. Because I love to ridicule to no end tree hugging granola wimps and hippy's.....
Veggie burgers are all good. Just be prepared for the woe and gnashing of teeth and smack talk that will soon come if you post it. It will be all in fun and all good.

5. You suck at cooking? The only thing that would suck more is if you posted pics of your restaurant burger. For the sake of keeping the comedy rolling...
Any burger you didn't cook or you bought is allowed and is all good. Warning: while allowed, posting pics of BK burgers or their ilk with a splash of tabasco will bring upon you the most ridicule and insults. Even more than a veggie burger!

6. Chile's and/or hotsauce is mandatory on the burger. ON the burger, no crap on the side.

7. Pics are mandatory. No posting about a burger you made or ate without pics. You will suffer extreme ridicule and experience much loathing. Just don't do it.

8. Include a list of condiments and toppings. Mayo. Mustard. Onions. Cheese. Extract of male baboon spermatazoa. Whatever. Post it.

There it is y'all. Can you get down brown with it? Allrighty then...

RELEASE THE KRAKEN!

Here's mine. Sliders. 80/20 ground chuck from Matador Meat Market, Frisco, Tx. Cooked over fine diced yellow onions in cast iron using the smash technique. Toasted Pepperidge Farm slider buns with mustard, the onions, dill pickle and jalapeno pickle slices. Kraft brand American Plastic Cheese.

IMG_3447.jpg

Adult beverages are encouraged in the pics but not mandatory. Dig that awesome cast iron crust sear!

IMG_3448.jpg

So bring on your burgers. And that means those damn Aussie's and their stinkin' beet root too!!

texas blues said:
I dunno' if I'd call that a slider but I'd surely call it goodern' hell!

I'd probably not call it a slider either save the pretzel buns called themselves such and came in an 8 pack.  They came out thicker and bigger than I'd first thought, but needed to since the buns were pretty big.  Twas my first time having havarti on a burger - won't be my last.  ;)

Those little pretzel slider buns are awesome!

Oh yeah and havarti... first time on a burger huh? That was my cheese, the taste and melt factor are perfect for a burger, and I was getting this jalapeno havarti that rocked. The flavor suits a burger too and lets the meat shine. I find sharp cheddar as more of a cover-up.

That thing looks awesome.

The Hot Pepper said:
Those little pretzel slider buns are awesome!

Oh yeah and havarti... first time on a burger huh? That was my cheese, the taste and melt factor are perfect for a burger, and I was getting this jalapeno havarti that rocked. The flavor suits a burger too and lets the meat shine. I find sharp cheddar as more of a cover-up.

That thing looks awesome.

I grock to your havarti love and am the same about muenster.

But then I'm a cheese snob.

I love burgers.

But I love cheese more.

And with that I say there is nought or there has been, a cheese I didn't like to be liking on any burger of any kine'.

I had some gloucester/blues cheese combo wedge the other night.

Have mercy!

That sheeit was raw sex on a cutting board.

Straight.

No cracker.

Meltied schmeltied on a burger?

I'd push grandma down the stairs in her wheelchair for that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_WEvWcVoFw

You're posting this as I just ate 4 different cheeses on a cheese board with some Evil Twin then Ballat Point. Yeah. Cheese.

Point Reyes Blue with fig jam
Aronoldi Taleggio Antico
Agour Secret de Compostelle
Spring Brook Farm Reading Raclette

The Hot Pepper said:
You're posting this as I just ate 4 different cheeses on a cheese board with some Evil Twin then Ballat Point. Yeah. Cheese.

Point Reyes Blue with fig jam
Aronoldi Taleggio Antico
Agour Secret de Compostelle
Spring Brook Farm Reading Raclette

Hell yeah!

That blue fig jam made me twitch at the hip like Elvis.

And all on a Sailor Boy Pilot Bread.

Have mercy.

love the Point Reyes blue. hard to find here though. The only place that carries it occasionally didn't have it this last time, but turned me onto this goats milk one from Italy.   Verzin di Capra.    Incredible cheese.  If you ever see it  at a cheese shop, ask for a sample, even if your not fond of goat cheese. 

Ashen said:
love the Point Reyes blue. hard to find here though. The only place that carries it occasionally didn't have it this last time, but turned me onto this goats milk one from Italy.   Verzin di Capra.    Incredible cheese.  If you ever see it  at a cheese shop, ask for a sample, even if your not fond of goat cheese. 

For real the Point Reyes is the bomb. I'll look for that goat.

The Loose Goose for The Tb.

hand ground chuck and a chorizo sausage undermanhandled for extra looseness and juice.  Smash technique.

P7132471_zpstceupp6m.jpg

Topped with a metric shit ton of (Screw you boss :D) sharp cheddar

P7132473_zpsq7dndlcs.jpg

Damper bun, French's mustard, me fave hot sauce atm all smooched together with some dill pickles

P7132475_zpssz4g2au7.jpg

Looks like a burger

P7132476_zpslgglaaxj.jpg

Loosey Goosey

P7132478_zpsa5hvvdbu.jpg

Thinking this new angle (or halves) will take off too :)

Back