• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

chinense Butch Taylor Reaper Scorpion / BTR Scorpion

Heard too many negatives about D.B.

I can afford to wait a few years for this pepper to be grown out and vendors I know and trust to offer it for sale.

The video posted earlier is not Butch Taylor's BTR...that's his CPR.  The BTR is Butch's new cross, the CPR is a strain he discovered growing in garden much like the Ice Scream Scorpion.  Dale is selling F2 or F3 BTR seeds from Butch.  Butch is now sending out much more stable generations that what you can buy from Dale.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6sRpEROT3g

Ya the BTR looks pretty evil and tore him up like no other pepper has done before. He  ate the CPR like it was nothing.

HypeTrain.jpg

hogleg said:
Dale is a thief, and its part of the reason he is banned here. Supporting anything he does is supporting a thief. I couldn't live with that, he will never see a dime from me no matter what he has. I say shame on Butch for getting in bed with him.
amen.  Dale is a piece of trash that ruined his image on here.  The funny thing is i got some yellow brain strain pods from him years ago and i gave seeds to mu buddy on here.  One plant turned chocolate and we are working on it.  It's funny how that worked out.

Ignite said:
Butch is now sending out much more stable generations that what you can buy from Dale.
So Bakers Peppers does not have an exclusive.  How does one purchase them from Mr. Taylor.
hogleg said:
Pay the loan back Dale!
Have seen other people say much the same, so I looked up the thread.  Upon reading it, I have a strange take.  I am thrilled to feel genuinely accepted by so many members of a community that would stand up for the lender in that way.  Reminds me of an Amish shunning.  Ugly on the surface but kind of beautiful in the way it supports the person harmed.

But still, I gotta feel for Mr. Baker.  Seeing the posts where he has stacks and stacks of flat rate boxes (35 bucks or so a pop) going out every week and noting that his fresh peppers are almost always sold out, I gotta figure the guy has some serious, serious, serious debt beyond what is discussed in that thread.  I currently feel the crush of medical bills I simply can not pay.  So I could understand grabbing a life preserve even though that just piles on to the debt.  Not saying his actions were just, moral, or ethical.  Just know that when you are drowning in debt, well you do just about anything.

ajdrew said:
So Bakers Peppers does not have an exclusive.  How does one purchase them from Mr. Taylor.
Nope. Dale received some early generation BTR pods in a SFRB from Butch. Butch allowed him to grow and sell the seeds, but Dale does not have exclusive rights to any of Butch's stuff.

Butch hasn't officially released the BTR but he's including them in random SFRBs that he sells from time to time. He may or not send them to you, just have to contact him and ask.

Yeah but when you don't reply to emails about bad boxes ( rotting pods) or outright deny a refund on that box it makes you a dick.

Also to sell a sfrb for 29 when you can get one here for cheaper says something to me.

Not taking the loan drama into account AJ, that is nothing I want a part of. Buying overpriced merchandise with the probability of no refund if it is bad merchandise... Hmmmmm no thank you. Ill wait until you get pods or get some from any one of the numerous vendors here.

ajdrew said:
Smokemaster, sure using he name Butch Taylor will help sell seeds.  Thing is, there is nothing illegal about stating factual information and no trademark on the name. What ever the agreement between Mr. Taylor and Mr. Baker, it is a gentleman's agreement: no court or rule of law needed.  I have to respect that because frankly I view much of criminal and civil law / courts as frustrated parents trying to manage unruly children.

In all these many years humanity has walked this earth, we should have by now matured enough to be able to make handshake deals and honor those deals. Much praise to Mr. Baker and Mr. Taylor for coming up with this deal and avoiding the whole lawyer letter crop burning reality TV show thing.

My post had nothing to do with anything other than smart biz sense.

Nothing to do with anything else.

It's none of any ones biz what Butch does or doesn't do with his seeds.

If you  like or don't like the vendor,do or don't buy his seeds.Real simple.

smokemaster said:

My post had nothing to do with anything other than smart biz sense.

Nothing to do with anything else.

It's none of any ones biz what Butch does or doesn't do with his seeds.

If you  like or don't like the vendor,do or don't buy his seeds.Real simple.
Not sure why you would respond that way to me.  I am not saying anything about boycotting anyone.  I am saying glad they made a handshake agreement instead of being all formal.  I like it when folk do business like that.  Just folk being folk.

KingDENNIZ, thank you very much for sharing the excellent photo.  First thought is how amazing Mother Nature is.  I see very little moruga scorpion like in either the Butch T Scorpion or the Carolina Reaper, but looking at their offspring if I were the daddy I'd be slapping that mama.  Thing is, I know two brown eyed parents can have a blue eyed baby.  My guess would be the Butch T Scorpion had some hidden Moruga Scorpion dna.  I say that because although conventional thought is that Trinidad Scorpion and Moruga Scorpion are often thought very separate, I have seen very Moruga Scorpion looking pods come from Trinidad Scorpion.  Damn I cant wait for home dna testing.

My second thought is that the photos seem to show a pepper with a good thick wall.  I think it was on Baker's site that I read they have a very thin wall.  Where ever it was, I think it shows how much things change as they are grown out.  The same F1 being grown out by two different people seem very likely to produce very different peppers a few generations later depending on how each grower selectively saves their seeds.

I try to follow the suggestion from some members and order some seeds from bakerspeppers.com on Jan 30.  Until now, Feb 5, 2016 I have not recieved the seeds I order from this company.  I email and text to seller but no respond back to the message or email.   

rainforest2 said:
I try to follow the suggestion from some members and order some seeds from bakerspeppers.com on Jan 30.  Until now, Feb 5, 2016 I have not recieved the seeds I order from this company.  I email and text to seller but no respond back to the message or email.   
You can get these directly from Butch T. I do not give my business to Baker's - same thing happened to me years ago and there's tons of info on here about their lack of business practices.

Butch delivered them quickly and the seeds are relatively inexpensive. Butcht.com

Immolated,

I did order from his website too but some seeds not on the website so I order from bakerspeppers.com.   I email the seller and text him as well but the seller does not respond at all.   I already file complaint to paypal.com.   I do not expect any thing from this seller.   Even if the seller plans to send  me the seeds later,  I doubt it is the same seeds.   He could go out to the grocery both the seeds and send to me who know.    ajdrew could be the bad guy to suggest something like that to the member.   Butch T and Chris Phillips are  awesome guys I did receive some seeds from both of them before.    I also order some seeds from Judy pepperlover.com as well.   I could not find any new super hot seeds from her website lately.   Most of the pepper seeds from Judy, I already bought from her.   Hope Judy update with new stuff like 7 pot Lava???    Judy is always sending extra seeds when I order seeds from her website.   Thank Judy, Butch T and Chris.

Back