• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

chinense Butch Taylor Reaper Scorpion / BTR Scorpion

Rainforest said "ajdrew could be the bad guy to suggest something like that to the member"

I am sorry you had a bad experience with a seed dealer, but I don't see that I suggested anything.  I just pointed to a new pepper and linked to a page with the only photos I could find at the time.  When I later found Mr. Taylor was selling the seeds himself, I purchased some.

You can purchase BTR Scorpion from Butch Taylor's site - http://butcht.com/products/btr-scorpion-12-seeds

I don't have the seeds available.  But if you think I suggested a dealer that did you wrong, PM me with other seeds the guy did not send.  If I have them on hand, they are yours.

ajdrew said:
My second thought is that the photos seem to show a pepper with a good thick wall.  I think it was on Baker's site that I read they have a very thin wall.  Where ever it was, I think it shows how much things change as they are grown out.  The same F1 being grown out by two different people seem very likely to produce very different peppers a few generations later depending on how each grower selectively saves their seeds.

For me atleast, it's quite hard to tell how much of that is genuine wall and how much is placenta. There looks to be a pretty good thickness of placental tissue on those walls and it seems quite juicy too. Definitely seems like the real deal.

ajdrew, I would like to apologize for suggesting you are bad member. After 2 weeks paypal is trying in contact with seller and seller does not respond. So paypal credits back to my account.

rainforest, is cool.  Was just talking about the pepper.  At the time, that is the only place I found it.  Now that Mr. Taylor is selling them himself, I would encourage everyone who wants them to go to the source.  I'd feel the same way even if I were selling the same seed stock.  The source is usually the best.

ajdrew, I have almost all the pepper seeds of Butcht offer. Look like you sell seeds as well. What is your website I could like to browser to see peppers that I could interest in those peppers.

rainforest2 said:
ajdrew, I have almost all the pepper seeds of Butcht offer. Look like you sell seeds as well. What is your website I could like to browser to see peppers that I could interest in those peppers.
is in my signiture but when browsing keep in mind I love to trade too.  Main thing is gowing produce.  Seeds is a sideline to keep me sane during the winter.

Back