• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

heat ButchT is the hottest

Very impressive video fubar. Question...why did you do that?

Marcel is Neils friend, not a part of the hippy seed company. And that video was just for fun, I tried doing it a couple of months ago to show somebody up, I royally succeeded and it blew my mind, so freaking hot!!

Figured I should do it again on camera, only problem
Was that I took it much better than I would have ever imagined it hahaha... No toilet troubles, stomach quickly recovered.... I was in absolute shock!!

I don't think it matters much, just a way to distinguish that specific strain from others.
Original seeds packs from Butch:
MP3uDwrfeDzz7I7RexKK5OaNN.jpg
Omri you still have the original seed packs?! lol I thought I never threw anything away!

Omri you still have the original seed packs?! lol I thought I never threw anything away!

And such clear labeling is how we got the "Trinidad Scorpian Butch T" I assume. The general public will most likely not understand the nomenclature for what it is.

+1.4mil Butch

Can't wait to start cooking with these stingers ouch!!! No pepper is too hot makes eating mud bugs interesting. Will ground pods be available at some point?

I don't think it matters much, just a way to distinguish that specific strain from others.
Original seeds packs from Butch:

Omri... I can already see your E-Bay auction at $5000 with 9 bidders - Original Butch T Scorpion seed envelope. Own a piece of history - The world’s hottest Chile! LOL

It was in the newspapers today here in Holland, I would definatly like to try out some seeds, does anyone know where to get them ?

Is the ButchT Jonah hotter than the Jonah, or are they the same thing? I don't know much about the variences in those strains...

There's always money in the "new hottest" ... its political. But when you get that high in heat levels its all relative and what comes into play, and what (to me) becomes important is the flavor of the pepper.

I think trini scorps have a better flavor than the bhut, personal preference :hell:

Nicole

I have to agree. No matter how hot the pepper. It's the taste that makes me eat the peppers I love. Don't get me wrong a pepper topping out at 1.4 million is cool just hope it tastes nice. You think my fave the Jolokia has an amazing taste, It's a very fruity almost citrous distinct flavor,the reason Why I love sauces that are made from them, it comes trough all the time. Where as the flavor from a Naga Viper is very very different. almost bitter, cant say I actually enjoyed eating it. But bitter peppers like the hab (for me any ways) have a savory edge to them we all love. to sum up for me taste V V V Important, Heat not so.

But Congratulations to the hippy seed comp for breaking the record. Keep up the good work guys

Most do not consider the Scorpion-BT to really be that flavorful. I find other scorpion types to have a far better flavor but the Butch T is definitely the hottest

Back