• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

Can the Hottest Peppers In the World Kill You?

Just wanted to comment about asthma and hot pepper consumption. I can't see eating a hot pepper as causing an asthma attack, unless there was some allergic reaction involved. I have asthma, and here is what I have found. It is not the eating of the pepper that causes a problem. It is the breathing of the vapors. I have learned not to put the stems, seeds, or any other discarded part of a hot pepper down the garbage disposal. As soon as the warm water hits the pepper refuse, vapors are released. I have coughed to the point of feeling like I would vomit! However, I can eat those same peppers with no adverse reaction. I haven't tried the superhots yet, but if I do, I may have to wear a mask while prepping them.

My asthma would probably be considered mild, or moderate on a really bad day, so maybe the experience would be different for those with severe asthma.

I know some with asthma that would likely die or become very ill if they tried superhots. They get hiccups and have trouble breathing even with jalapenos

Back