• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Candice's 2010/2011 grow season

Hi all

Well this season I would have to say has been my worst season yet mainly due to extremely hot weather (the hottest it has been on record for over 33yrs and no rain for like 2 months). Unfortunately it was the year that I also decided to grow the most. So results are not what I expected but thought I would share some photos of the best outcomes so far.

I decided to grow about 1,000 for plant sales through my business Wildfire Chilli (all sold out now), about 500 plants at an organic farm for fruit for my products (sauces, dried chillies, purees ec) and to offer some for sale to customers and as well as my own garden for pleasure and also other plants at home with isolation tents for seed sales.

Here are some pics from my home garden to start with.

7 Pot
IMG_2484.jpg

Trinidad Scorpion Cardi Yellow
trinidadscorpionCardiunripe.jpg

Douglah
douglahunripe.jpg

Yellow Bhut Jolokia
yellowbhuts.jpg

yellowandgreenbhut.jpg

There are also heaps of pics on my Facebook page Wildfire Chilli facebook

Personal address removed by request.

Going tit for tat with PMs in public can prove to be dangerous, but I have removed the personal info.

Thanks I wont be commenting on here anymore just had to say my side of the story here as that is where he is pointing traffic to go.
See you all, make up your own mind, i know i can sleep at night.

Now I will comment. First of all there are way too many people in the chile industry that know me and my business for anyone here to call me a liar. I don't need to lie to grow my business or make money. And if by some chance I make a statement that is ever found to be incorrect I will be the first one to come forward and make ammends. I have recieved seeds labelled Brain Strain two times. First time it was from John the Reverend Catfishing man. He got them in a trade and only gave me about 6 seeds and three germinated and grew out to be chocolate habs. That was in 2010. Last year 2011 Growing season I got about 30 seeds from Ronnie Alabama Jack. I got about 8 plants to get full size. I compared with my Morugas and could see no difference. And that is my opinion. I never got any seeds from Candace. Only seeds I got from Candace were her Bhut Jolokias which I traded with her in early 2011 because I was running low on stock. I am tired of this conspirancy theory by Cappy. Now I gave my seeds to the Institute in March 2011 so there is no way I could have any Brain Strain seeds to give them. Since 2011 was the first year I actually grew them myself.
Cappy I will say this you may be a great pepper hobbyist and have a name for yourself on this Hot Pepper Forum but thats about it. You have had tons of fights with growers on here to show your superiority among them. Your a legend in your own mind. Nobody in the chile or sauce industry gives a rip about whats being said on this forum or the other blogs. You can jump up on down on your soapbox and it won't mean squat. The Forums and blogs are a necessity because people share with one another and help one another. And we can also have healthy debates as well. Face reality Cappy. Your not going anywhere with Brain Strain. I can face reality. I might be known for Moruga Scorpion now but next year there will be hundreds of people selling it on E Bay and i will just be another grower. Cappy instead of wasting your life on these Blogs trying to prove how great you are you should have been investing your time into a sauce business or cultivating business relationships with people who might want to buy peppers from you! It has taken me 8 yrs to have what I have. Two more and I leave my day job. Do the right thing and stop attacking Candice. She does not deserve what you are doing to her.

You are both liars and conspired to rip off the Brain Strain for your own personal gain. From everybody I have spoken to in the chile industry they all say you just want your name associated with the world record and have been stepping on people in pursuit of this goal for years. Candice's other job is working at a plant nursery and she knows how easy it is to steal plant genetics by simply switching names. Candice's 2010-2011 grow season is the only mention of the Brain Strain in any of her threads and she stopped posting about my pepper at the same time of this thread and our PM above. She then killed off the Brain Strain from her garden saying she had a horrible soil disease. Did this soil disease kill off all her other varieties she is selling? Per her post #11 in this thread the Brain Strain looks very healthy and no signs of disease and Jim very easily could have used BS seeds from Candice's garden early 2011 for the test. Sent enough to CPI for the tests and kept enough for your own grow out, maybe this is why you are low on seed when you grew 1,000's of Moruga Scorpion plants? What I would really like to ask you Jim is why of all 33 pics on the Moruga Scorpion facebook page you choose the least brainy pics for the AP photo pic? Why not use some of the much more impressive pictures for the big media blitz? Complete and total deception to confuse the masses about what pepper was really tested. I have no doubt what you are now selling is the Brain Strain 7 Pod.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Moruga-Scorpion/106108156185065#!/media/set/?set=a.109382575857623.7226.106108156185065&type=3

Cappy I will say it again. I never got seeds from Candice. I never chose photo for AP release. I gave the Institute all 33 of my photos I had on a Thumb drive and they chose what they released. Now in defense of Candice she has grown her plants in multiple areas the last few years. So a soil disease might have affected one growing area but not all. She also grows indoors Hydroponically. Now I can produce evidence of purchasing Moruga seeds from Jukka and have E mail logs going back 3 years showing no mention of me doing any business with anybody involving Brain Strain with the exception of John who I already mentioned and Ronnie who gave me about 30-50 seeds in 2011.I did ask Chris Philips for some but he said no and that I had to ask you. Here is copy of Ronnie's E mail to me

Sent: Sunday, December 12, 2010 8:58 AM
To: Jim Duffy
Subject: Re: Scorpion testing

got your seeds packaged and ready to go...sent you 50 each, Brain Strain, my homegrown 7 pot, trinidad scorpion, and yellow 7 (Scorpion)...

just need your address....here's mine...

Ronnie Walley
AlabamaJacks Exotic Superhots

And FYI I sent the Chile Pepper Institute 200 each seeds of the following Douglah, Moruga, Trinidad Scorpion and 7 Pot Jonah in Mid March. Here is copy of communication with them.

Thanks Jim, as soon as we get them planted I will make copies of our pedigree book along with a note stating that we will include them in our 2011 replicated trials. Thanks
Danise

At 06:16 PM 3/17/2011, you wrote:
Hello Danise,

Seeds were shipped today USPS Priority mail Insured. Tracking # VH 570 923 513 US
I gave you 200+ seeds of the following

Trinidad 7 Pot Douglah (Chocolate 7 Pot)

Trinidad 7 Pot Jonah Strain (Red variety)

Trinidad Scorpion

Trinidad Moruga Scorpion

When you get a chance please send me some form of documentation that you are using these in Superhot Testing and Trials.
Thanks for all you Do!
Jim Duffy

Sent: Wednesday, March 16, 2011 8:45 AM
To: Jim Duffy
Subject: Re: Superhot Project

Hi Jim, that sounds great with the seeds, that will work much better. I also noticed that I wrote 60 plants in that e-mail, its actually 160 plants, we do 4 reps in a complete randomized block for our replicated trials, there are 36 plants per rep so at bare minimum we need 144 plants to get good data. If you can send about 200 seeds of each variety that would be great. Its been a really rough week, had to deal with endless problems and I was a little tired when writing that e-mail, I apologize. We look forward to doing the research, thanks a bunch,
Danise

So Cappy I save all my business communications. I can also have the people I employ sign statements that I never grew Brain Strain before 2011 season. So now here is your final warning. I have documentation and witnesses. And unlike Candice I live in this country and will have no problem going after you in court. I will not stop until you live on the street. I can have a letter from a lawyer at your house next week. I am not playing anymore.

Back