• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Cappy's 2015 Chocolate BS

It has been several year since I have started a grow log like a newb but I enjoy this time of year starting plants.  My name is Cappy and I first discovered the Seven Pod in a seed trade from Sara R. in Trinidad in 2008.  That year I had a grow log and documented my grow of an extra brainy seven pod and the Brain Strain 7 Pod was born.  Since that time I have shared seeds with anybody and everybody who asked for little more than the cost of shipping.  I did not try to profit or chase the world hottest title, that goes to CARDI and the creator of the seven pod.  I am just a grower of limited means with a closet with a grow light and a backyard in a residential neighborhood.  What I am is proud of my contribution to the pepper community and the opportunity to shared this pepper with the rest of the world.

Last year I received some seeds from a very generous Trinidadian friend here in the states by the name of Judy.  I have dreams on making a chocolate version of my yearly hot sauce BrAiN sTrAiN.  There have been both red and yellow versions in the past so 2015 will be the year of the chocolate BS.  First round of seeds were sown last weekend January 4 and today I have my first seedling so here we go!

You have one of the best sauce labels I've seen. Would love to have a t-shirt with that logo if you ever go that route. Really looking forward to the sticker offer, was going to try and peel the label off of my sauce bottle once it was empty lol.

Yours and Pex's sauces have been getting me through one of the worst cases of the flu I've ever dealt with. Figure I'd bring out the nukes for this crap since a flu shot did no good preventing it. Definitely brings some flavor to all the tasteless crap I've been trying to eat and keeps my sinuses clear.

Scorched said:
You have one of the best sauce labels I've seen. Would love to have a t-shirt with that logo if you ever go that route. Really looking forward to the sticker offer, was going to try and peel the label off of my sauce bottle once it was empty lol.

Yours and Pex's sauces have been getting me through one of the worst cases of the flu I've ever dealt with. Figure I'd bring out the nukes for this crap since a flu shot did no good preventing it. Definitely brings some flavor to all the tasteless crap I've been trying to eat and keeps my sinuses clear.

Tony, hope you get to feeling better real soon and thanks for trying out my hot sauce and seeds.  It is a big bottle and goes a very long way, a teaspoon will heat a big pot of chili with both flavor and heat of mashed seven pod.  Lots of interest in making a t-shirt, thank you for your support.

Bottom watered the trays for the first time yesterday.  I usually top water until I can't keep up any longer and them give them a through soaking bottom watering.  Day 18 since seeds hit the dirt, so most plants are 10-11 days old and growing well under 24/7 T5 HO light, in window light just for these pics.  Culling the runts is next and difficult to do, only one seedling per cell soon.  Zero nutes have been used, just plain 6.0 pH water up to this point.  Green is my favorite color this time of year. 

You're getting some nice sized true leaves on some of those already! I agree - it's great to see green this time of year. 

How long have you used the Fafard mix and how do you like it?  I had to look up their stuff on their website after seeing your seedlings.  I think it's similar to what I began with, but the Fafard looks like it's got a bit more in it. 

Thanks Andy, I have been using the Farfard's for 4 or 5 seasons, it is a cheaper alternative to Pro-Mix BX in eastern USA.  I have been very happy with the consistency and trust it for all my plant starts until they go outside.  I buy it at a nursery less than a mile from my house so very easy to acquire has a lot to do with it.  I only need to buy a few bags on new soil each year because when they move outside it is recycled potting soil amended with compost and other goodies.

Jamison the forest has just begun wait to right before plant out when things getting really crazy!  I need to start round 2 of seeds...

Looks like you had great germination rates. Culling would be hard for me to do especially with something so hard to get and rare as choc brain strain. I probably couldn't bring myself to do it and would be stuffing plants anywhere and everywhere they'd fit lol. Really looking forward to seeing all these pod out. I doubt anyone besides maybe Judy is growing that many choc brain

pier_man0909 said:
man they look nice.  im really looking forward to seeing your grow out.
Thanks Matt but really can't wait to get the plants in the ground and go fishing!
mpicante said:
Happy any word on the ballcaps....
Have not inquired about anything other than my labels and not even billed for them yet so patience.
roper2008 said:
Wow, all those are chocolate BS.  I'm trying to get the red one going to make a pepper spray.  You know to deter those varmint that like to eat my tomatoes.
Thank Linda, it takes a lot of peppers to fill my fermenting crock to make my 7 pod pepper mash.  It is all about spreading out the heat when using it.
Devv said:
 Very nice Cappy!

Plants look stellar ;)
Thanks Scott.  Keeping up with the Jones is getting tougher and tougher every year around here and your no helping! Your plants look spectacular. :party:

randyp said:
    Seedlings look great,I will be keeping up to date with your glog Cappy.Tried finding a website for ya am I missing it?

Eliminating the website and getting back to growing chiles for my own enjoyment has brought much joy back to this hobby.  If you want anything from me I'm just a PM away.  Brain Strain 7 pod seeds are sold by all the major seed suppliers worldwide now.  Thanks!

Hey, Cappy, you're off to a great start; those flats of seedlings look great!

Now I want to start some BrainStrain seeds.  I grew one last year from a
Romy6 2012 pod, and it only put out six pods, but four were absolutely
picture perfect.  That settles it, I'm going to start some in the aerogarden
right now!!

Darn you, Cappy, darn you to heck!

Back