• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Carolina Reaper (HP22B) Community Grow

A few members including myself are growing seeds for this variety ASAP. I and a few others here on THP thought it would be fun to have a "community glog" strictly for this variety, a fun thread about the HP22B and growing this pepper for the first time.

I think we should start a community glog like this anytime there is a new pepper with alot of attention and alot of people growing it, possible world record holder or not. It would be fun, and this should be fun! That's why we all love this hobby is it not?

Therefore, this will be a drama-free, controversy-free, fun glog for all of us growers and others to enjoy. If you grow, please chime in. If you're growing this variety, please post pictures and chime in about your observations.

Again.. This thread is ment to be fun and informative, but mostly fun :)
Please. Pretty please with sugar on top.. lol. Keep it drama-free.
I, and many others would really appreciate this thread to stay that way.

Now lets get to growing!

IMG_3008.jpg

I went with the paper towel method for this guy just like I have with all my mid-season starts. It is far from my favorite way to germinate seeds but I'm in no hurry this time of year which is why I went this route. I've had the seeds in the paper towel for about a week now on top of my HOT5 lighting closet. The seeds should be showing root tips soon, then they will be visiting some real soil :D

How's it going for everyone else?

Brandon

Thanks stc, what sort of stuff :-)
yes he is actually watermarking other peoples images. Has a few reaper images (non his) have a look everyone, they may be yours!

Glad i have found this forum, seems like people here have great knowledge compared to here in the UK.

nwchillifarm said:
Thanks stc, what sort of stuff :-)
yes he is actually watermarking other peoples images. Has a few reaper images (non his) have a look everyone, they may be yours!

Glad i have found this forum, seems like people here have great knowledge compared to here in the UK.
Shoot me a PM of what you're looking for...I owe you and welcome to the site, I think you'll like it here!

i started my Carolina reaper a few weeks ago. I have three leaves growing. when it gets to the right height I still have to cut a leaf? and does anyone live in florida who is growing the pepper?

Well I did cut this one back in December, I replanted it today..
512.JPG

It produced nice true type pods with stingers...

I just ordered some Carolina reaper seeds from bakers peppers a few days ago. I found out that the company doesn't have the best rep... I hope nothing goes wrong with my order. I might start the seeds now even though I know it's late and keep a couple of the plants inside for over wintering. What do you guys think? I'm a new chile grower and any advice is appreciated

Wow Jim,

Well hung I'd say ;)

Frankie Ruiz said:
I just ordered some Carolina reaper seeds from bakers peppers a few days ago. I found out that the company doesn't have the best rep... I hope nothing goes wrong with my order. I might start the seeds now even though I know it's late and keep a couple of the plants inside for over wintering. What do you guys think? I'm a new chile grower and any advice is appreciated

Dale is good peeps, and yeah, it's late. But I would pot it and OW it. What part of LI? I was born in N Babylon.

Just came back from there Monday, we go there (Lake Ronkonkoma) every July 4th.

Good luck with the Reapers, hot but tasty!

I am new on here but this thread has taught me a lot about these peppers and I wanted to share my progress. I am documenting it on my tumblr account to keep it all in one place, I dont want to clutter the thread with my early posts so if you want to see my progress up to where I am at now you can check it out at the url. http://roostagrow.tumblr.com/

Roosta said:
I am new on here but this thread has taught me a lot about these peppers and I wanted to share my progress. I am documenting it on my tumblr account to keep it all in one place, I dont want to clutter the thread with my early posts so if you want to see my progress up to where I am at now you can check it out at the url. http://roostagrow.tumblr.com/
Welcome from Colorado. Looks good.

Here are my first young pods from plant 1 of 4. What do you guys think? It looks to be growing stingers. Pods are the size of a fingernail.

P7151182.jpg

Back