• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

carol's flood pictures

Hey everyone, I'm still alive.

River has been receding about a foot a day for the last 10 days and we're officially below flood stage now. My road was still completely under water as of yesterday morning. Maybe another day or two we can get in there if the roads are good. Which I doubt.

We got into the highest part of the subdivision yesterday after driving through some standing water and walking around the holes in the road...

Sbend.jpg

This is where those bubbles were coming from. Plenty more new sinkholes to be found.

SbendHoles.jpg

Neighbor got his Suburban stuck on the way out the night the river came up and "surpised" him. We found it yesterday ... we boated right over this last week when it was about 9 ft deeper.

Truck.jpg

The road to town isn't looking great either. You can drive around this hole if you're willing to go through some brush. Had to stand in some quicksand to get a picture from this angle. Hehe.

Myrr.jpg

Anyway, this waiting for the water to leave and for the roads to get fixed is the slow boring part. ::yawn::

c.

sorry to hear/see things so messed up but they can be repaired and I am very glad you are safe...looking forward to some pictures of your 'homestead' when you get back in...

Back