• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

smoking Cast Iron Dutch oven cooking outdoors..

Hi Guys

I thought id start this thread to see if any of you guys use dutch ovens for outdoor cooking over hot coles or heat beads and maybe you could share some of your recipes?

my recipe: while laying in bed you fart,pull the covers over your spouses head and holla. "dutch oven"

theres lots of c.i. people on here im sure you will get flodded with recipies,i think there is a thread for this? maybe check and there would be lots of stuff in there.

my recipe: while laying in bed you fart,pull the covers over your spouses head and holla. "dutch oven"

theres lots of c.i. people on here im sure you will get flodded with recipies,i think there is a thread for this? maybe check and there would be lots of stuff in there.
Lol im not sure methane gas and hot coals would go to well together , but hay its a start.

Hi sownseeds,

We had a dutch oven throwdown and several of us did the charcoal briquettes cooking. Look in the Throwdown forum for that thread. THere's also a CI thread.

One of my favorite "recipes" is to set the dutch oven on the bbq grill, get it HOT and then brown up a whole chicken or a prime rib roast, turn down the heat and let the meat just cook away until done. The tall sides radiate the heat all around the meat and makes a really nice cook.

Hi sownseeds,

We had a dutch oven throwdown and several of us did the charcoal briquettes cooking. Look in the Throwdown forum for that thread. THere's also a CI thread.

One of my favorite "recipes" is to set the dutch oven on the bbq grill, get it HOT and then brown up a whole chicken or a prime rib roast, turn down the heat and let the meat just cook away until done. The tall sides radiate the heat all around the meat and makes a really nice cook.
Hi Salsalady, thanks i will check it out , i watched a youtube vid of red wine being used to kinda steam the lamb roast , tried it and itwas the best roast i have ever had , was very hard to lift out of the oven as it was that tender it all fell apart , half a bottle of red wine in the botton abd cook for a couple of hours then add the veggies and while eating the roast we throw a cake mix in there for sweets .

Back