• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Celeste grow log 2010

I been encouraged to post my progress. well, I have seedlings so I guess I'll start!

So, I know I have here somewhere when I started these- I guess its been a week or two?

I'll look it up

I was told to start my scorpions now- so here are my Trinidad scorpions that patrick sent me and Yellow Scorpions-CARDI from Cappy:
1264389276.jpg

1265070998.jpg

and first up- THE YELLOW!

as of 02.01.10 I had three seedlings, and this evening, 02.02.10 I have two more.

They are in a kritter keeper (with plastic wrap on top to holdin humidity) in a large aquarium in a cold room in a south window (but we aint been getting no sun) so they have a hermit crab heater under them and a full spectrum 40 watt above them and been staying between 80 -90 F, I think thats good? and yes, I know I need to go buy a grow light from Wally World, at least until we have a few days without clouds.

My dad has given me some Miracle gro potting soil for the next pot up, and some Schultz 20-30-20 plant food for when I need it, and ya'll can be as free with the advice as ya wanna be, becuase this is my first serious attempt at growing food in a dozen years!

Who said that you couldn't grow chilli's! No really who said it, it wasn't me! :lol: They are looking fantastic Celeste, i can just tell that you will have a bountiful crop. Be careful hugging that T.Scorpion, you might singe your hair. :D

you need to get more air moving around your plants will also help with the green stuff, you can get an el cheapo fan from wal-mart 8-9 $. great looking plants.

Hmmm. I have them in a big aquarium with plastic over the top to make it like a greenhouse. maybe should not have plastic over all of it? I used to have a little fan...its not exactly fan weather here, yet, Walmart wont have them yet. but walgreens generally has little stuff. maybe I can find a clip on, battery operated thang.

I am anxiously awaiting for my other peppers to pop through the soil, and gonna try to find space to plant habs today. I think I know someone to pass on excess plants to, my dad has a friend who says the peppers is not hot enough unless her mouth is still burning at breakfast from dinner the night before!

Looking great girlie!

You can take the ones you've potted up out of the aquarium. They can use the fresha ir. If you can find a small fan you only need to run it a few times a day for 10-15 minutes. That's their "exercise" and it will make the stems stronger.

This keeps up and both the boys will be out there helping you harvest pods this fall. Cool.:)

okay, that would give me more room to start more. Then I'll have to figure out another way to rig the light. We arent getting much sun, mostly cloudy days. and its awefully cool in the windowsill yet. I dont have another place to keep them, just now. I guess I better do more purging of stuff, and move around the furniture a bit. dont have the monies for hardware store supplies. My other hobby needed some upgrade in supplies. Have to wait till next paycheck!

OOO, wait, I just had a thought. Hmmm. If it works I'll post pics!

woohoo:onfire:whoo:onfire:woohoo!:onfire: I feel like Daffy Duck! I planted more peppers (I thought I posted that info here but I dont see it) and they werent coming up and they werent coming up. I was afraid they were too wet and cold (not above 71F) and I had killed them. eight cups labeled Aji Limon and 4 fatali. So I put the full spectrum incandescent bulb on them this weekend (in addition to the hermit crab heater underneath) and Monday, 3/22, an Aji Limon seedling popped up! I think they need it to get up to 80F. crossing my fingers that some of the others follow suit. My CARDI scorpions are already outgrowing their cups, and I'm gonna have to put them in pots. Friday I'll try to get another grow light, and see if I can figure out where to start the habs. woohoo!

Hokay, now I see my post.:oops: s0, lets see, 3/10 to 3/22, thats only 12 days. okay, and two fatali's 'hooked' day before yesterday, 3/24. WOOHOO!

well, I hope I get more Aji limons, but hey, if'n I can make it to harvest with anything, I will be happy.

very soon, I have to repot those crazy CARDI's again- I just wish we'd get a bit more sun and warmer temps so they could spend some more time outside. Next week, maybe.

and then I can start my habs, I want to make some of that hab vodka tonic I had at christmas.

Them crazy CARDI's is right! Mine are running amuck too Celeste. I'm glad your Aji Limon's have started to grow. Keep them seeds warm and hopefully the rest of them will get to growing too.

I am worried I have overwatered them. No more new sprouts. Funny if I end up with more scorpions than I know what to do with, and not so much of the ones I set out to grow. I discovered a mild mannered professor friend of mine is a chili head- I repeated AJ's description of the trinidad burn, and she says she has to try that!

It looks like my little red trinidad from Patrick is about to start a branch or a bud. something starting to grow from the topside base of a leaf.

Hey Celeste, glad to hear the CARDI Yellow Scorpions are doing so well for you being a first timer and all. I remember you requesting the seed from me saying that the pods were so beautiful and you just had to grow them. They are not nearly as hot as the regular red T. Scorpion and will make a fine all around pepper for you that is as pretty as a yellow rose. Everybody who has grown the CARDI Yellow Scorpion all agree on the vigorous growth of this variety, mine got over 6 ft. Congrats on your fine start.:cool:

Your crop is really looking healthy, Celeste -

Well done!

I will see some great harvest pics in months to come, I'm sure!

Thumb Zup!

oo, thanks all for our words of encouragement. I have another fatali hook today, 3/29, Paul you are right it is so exciting! I am hoping I get more Aji Limons. I am excited about all the CARDI's too, and have found I have other chili heads around me who are willing to taste test come harvest:) Thanks once again to PRF and Patrick for being so generous with seeds.

The scorpions are living in the window sill, it gets cold here at night still but the sun beats warm in that south window, so I open the window every morning so they can get some fresh air and sunshine and they have gotten so dark green. Hoepfully I will have time this coming weekend to repot- I am sure I'll need to!

fatali's or Aji Limons...hmmmm, you know, I only planted four Fatali seeds. I didnt label the cups, I labeled the rows. and when I took the first three out of the "incubator" to put them under the flouro light, I moved some of the other cups.....I told myself I was gonna remember which end I kept the fatali's at. looking at them now, I am pretty sure those two unsprouted ones at this end were fatali's, which means these other two that sprouted at the other end would be Aji Limons. I think. Now I have five sprouts, and two are for sure fatali, and one is for sure Aji Limon. and I think the two that just sprouted were the same-which ever they were-becuase they were right next to each other.

Something else has hooked -that HAS to be an Aji Limon. I guess I'll know eventually!:oops:

You didn't label each individual cup? Oops. Not to worry when you only have a couple of different species to be concerned with. You'll be able to figure it out. Tip, write the species on the cups now but only if you're 100% sure.

Good luck!

okay, here is the count: 3 Aji Limons, 2 fatali's, 2 are a mystery, we'll find out eventually. Properly labeled as to what I think they are, in their new bigger cups, prepotted today, April 4:

hotpeppers.jpg

And here are the fie CARDI's and the red Trini enjoying their new view in their new pots(repotted Friday, April 1):

windowview.jpg

Also, today, planted 6 habanero seeds from the habanero fairy, the best ones out of the bunch that I saved from my christmas adventures. I've got them set so they are slightly above 80 F from the get-go, so they should pop up soon!

Back