• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Celeste grow log 2010

I been encouraged to post my progress. well, I have seedlings so I guess I'll start!

So, I know I have here somewhere when I started these- I guess its been a week or two?

I'll look it up

I was told to start my scorpions now- so here are my Trinidad scorpions that patrick sent me and Yellow Scorpions-CARDI from Cappy:
1264389276.jpg

1265070998.jpg

and first up- THE YELLOW!

as of 02.01.10 I had three seedlings, and this evening, 02.02.10 I have two more.

They are in a kritter keeper (with plastic wrap on top to holdin humidity) in a large aquarium in a cold room in a south window (but we aint been getting no sun) so they have a hermit crab heater under them and a full spectrum 40 watt above them and been staying between 80 -90 F, I think thats good? and yes, I know I need to go buy a grow light from Wally World, at least until we have a few days without clouds.

My dad has given me some Miracle gro potting soil for the next pot up, and some Schultz 20-30-20 plant food for when I need it, and ya'll can be as free with the advice as ya wanna be, becuase this is my first serious attempt at growing food in a dozen years!

YAY, Celeste!

CHILES! :woohoo:

I can totally relate to the bring 'em in, take 'em out....

And remember, you can ripen green pods that have started to turn color in a brown paper bag. It works really well. They can hang out in the bag for several days while getting ripe.

AND- chiles also do very well in those "fresh produce" bags that are available form various sources. They were a life saver for our late season chiles.

SL

well, a couple weeks ago I glanced at my plants and noticed some of the leaves seemed to be sweating...huh? and then I noticed a fuzziness, on a few, took a closer look and saw they were tiny insects. so, I picked my last harvest and dragged the plants out into the cold.

lastharvest.jpg

I have shared some of these with my friends. The Aji Limons have been going into my breakfasts in the morning, the scorpions and habs into my chili. the smaller habs are destined to become poppers soon, if I can find that recipe for the chickpea flour based tempura batter. I will post pics if I succeed at this.

I have saved every single seed from the Aji Limons- I want enough of these next year to make pepper powder. I'm also going to save the seeds from the best looking scorpion, I've already saved seeds from the best looking hab. Next year I want to try again for a red Trinidad scorpion, and something milder, sweeter to blend it with- I'll be rereading threads to figure out what- or taking suggestions. Oh, I want to try fatali's again, too. If I get my kitchen rehabbed, I may even consider learning how to can and make salsa. My frends will trade the other salsa ingredients for the peppers.

Thank ya'll for everything, this is loads of fun!

Back