• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

recipe-help Cheese dip recipe?

Has anyone ever made any pepper cheese sauces/dips? I've never made one and don't really know where or how to start. I was looking to possibly make a Red Savina or Ghost Pepper cheese dip and am looking for some good recipes.

I'd use it primarily for dipping so I'd prefer a slightly thicker sauce. I don't know if any of you ever had Chickie & Pete's crab fries but I'm looking for something more along the lines of their cheese sauce/dip consistency.

Large Velveeta.
4 slices of bacon
1 lb of good lean ground beef
one large onion.
one can of peeled, chopped 'materz
Worcestershire
Pepper of choice ----seeded/chopped
Brown bacon till crumbly toss in burger and brown well.
Add onion and peppers and install hot sauce last.Use Worcestershire instead of salt to get "saltiness" right. Velveeta is salty as it is so go light on the Worce....
Put the Velveeta in a double boiler or microwave carefully, stirring often.
Put the materz in the melted cheese, then add the other gorp until it has the look and consistency of a large supreme pizza puke.
Make Margaritas.
Put extra horsepower sauce or chopped chili's on the side for pure sadist loons to get their goofy on.You know who you are.

My first girlfriends mom, a psycho from fLouisiana made this in the sixties. Every single person that ever tried it asks me for the recipe.
It's the ultimate ( great on baked potatoez too ! )

Cheap, quick, but maybe not your type.
Brick of cream cheese, can or frozen shrimp, salsa to taste.
Mother-in-law just puts the brick in a bowl, dumps the shrimp on, and tops with salsa.
I like to mix them.

There is a Greek cheese/dip that I've had a few times that is amazing.

You can use any pepper depending on hot hot you want it.

Basically sautee the peppers in oil and add just the infused oil, or blend the sauteed peppers with the oil and then add it to some feta (or similar cheese) and whiz it together. If you are using Savina or ghost, I'm gonnago out on a limb and say you like it hot (duh!)

Here is a simple recipe for it.

http://greekfood.about.com/od/appetizerssalads/r/tyrokafteri.htm

An extremely simple recipe for those times when you just want a straightforward queso dip in a matter of minutes... Just get a large block of Velveeta cheese and a can of rotel diced tomatoes with green chilies.

Cut the block of cheese in half, put it in a large bowl, pour the rotel over it and melt in the microwave. Be sure to check on it every few minutes to stir everything up. Or you can heat it up on the stove, stirring often to make sure you don't burn the cheese to the bottom of the pan.

• 3 tablespoons butter
  • 3 tablespoons flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup grated sharp Cheddar
  • 1/2 - 1 1/2 cups milk (how thick you like it)
  • peppers to your liking

Thanks to helltaco for posting single serving portion measurements. Makes it easy to just multiply by XX persons at the party...
:rofl:

It's all good, 'taco, and sounds like a good dip.

Back