• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

Chilli Chocolate!

I experimented with some chilli choclolate over the weekend and it was fantastic!

Having never tried it and recommended to by a friend I though I would have a crack. I used 1 scotch bonnet for 150g of melted dark choc. finely sliced half of it and mushed the over half and put into melted dark chocolate.

It was delicous! Will be making some more soon, can anyone reccommend any additional ingridents?

Raw chocolate nibs would work nice mixed in with the chocolate. Also you could try a touch of cinnamon, as I've seen so called "Aztec hot chocolate" with chiles and cinnamon mixed in. Look up the ingredients for Mole Negro online, which is a mexican dish with a shitload of ingredients in it, including choclate and chiles. I would think you could play with these ingredients and come up with a few flavors that might blend well with chocolate and chile peppers.

Good luck!

you want chocolate with habanero???? Here check this out!!
http://www.katoproductions.com/cart/index.php?l=product_detail&p=122

Kato (Mick) is a member here but hasn't been around lately

detail_122_Candies-Hab_choc-sm.jpg

Back