• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Chilliman`s GROW THREAD 09` - & Construction of my pollytunnels

Thanx guys !

I dont know !? I have had that for years... was told NMSU origin.
Any ideas of name ? I call it Numex Salsa, is it has a Hab X sweet flavour, and HUGE producers !
sorta half way between Prairie Fire and Twilight - little to no heat more taste/ ornamental !
040-1.jpg

caroltlw said:
Beautiful cayennes. I thought that was 8" there for a sec until I realized you were metric!

Thanx, lol- you guys are still stuck in the past... :lol: (running for cover)

My wife (from US) took a bit to get to used to it when she arrived. She still cant get over driving on the right side and sticking left :).

chilliman said:
She still cant get over driving on the right side and sticking left

Ian, those of us who drive on the left are doing it the correct way, everyone knows that...;) I've driven thousands of miles across the former Yugoslavia over the last eight years and adapt as soon as I get off of the plane, apart from one occasion in Bosnia in 2007 when I forgot where I was and pulled off of the grass verge (middle of nowhere) on to the left side of the road. If it hadn't been for the quick thinking of the local driver hurtling towards me, I wouldn't be sitting here typing this. Luckily he swerved right around me. I imagine he tells the same story; probably starts with "Those bloody English...":)

Looks like it's all coming together at your place. Are you erecting the tunnels yourself?

Tim said:
Ian, those of us who drive on the left are doing it the correct way, everyone knows that...;) I've driven thousands of miles across the former Yugoslavia over the last eight years and adapt as soon as I get off of the plane, apart from one occasion in Bosnia in 2007 when I forgot where I was and pulled off of the grass verge (middle of nowhere) on to the left side of the road. If it hadn't been for the quick thinking of the local driver hurtling towards me, I wouldn't be sitting here typing this. Luckily he swerved right around me. I imagine he tells the same story; probably starts with "Those bloody English...":)

Looks like it's all coming together at your place. Are you erecting the tunnels yourself?

:rofl: I know how you feel, just sometimes the wife will have brain farts.... Like in car park awhile back multi level thing, she is scooting around on the wrong side only to fronted by a beeping horn and head to head with another car. Yet she thought she was in the right and started to blair the horn ALSO. I was in tears ! lol

Yep, the tunnels I will put up with alittle help from brother and a few mates.
I have been assured tunnel #1 will be here tomorrow.:onfire:

CM

YEY!!!:onfire:

Tunnel #1 arrived this evening !:shocked: it looks biiiggggg. Will hold second off till have this fully functioning !
Will start tomorrow.... photos I will try get up each day and especially my issues.

As it is raining today I can not do much....
But here are some photos..
003-4.jpg

002-5.jpg

plans
001-6.jpg

And where it is going to go.. behind the shed

aaplantsinbackyardcorner.jpg

left to right - some of my fruit trees - 1.Banana, 2.passionfruit, 3.peppercorn tree, 4.sour lemon, and 5. mulberry is just behind that tree...
Going to give a couple of BANANA PLAMS away if anyone is keen. (thats one patch of 3 & most are ready for fruit next season) PM - P`up only bring a trailer and a shovel.

grrrrrr- bloody rain... - i want to play....

AHHHHH - and only 10 days till winter ! Time is getting away from me ! And they say rain for next 5 days ...

chilliman said:
And they say rain for next 5 days ...

Get a coat on and get out there! I'm waiting for the winds to drop so that I can get the cover on our newest tunnel; I'm hoping that it'll happen this weekend. I'd much rather be working on it in your conditions than in the summer. I washed the covers on the other tunnels a few weeks ago and ended up having to wear sunglasses whilst doing it; bright sunshine reflecting off of an opaque cover nearly lead to snowblindness!

I know the feeling of itching to get out and do it; you're right, it's just like playing with a new toy:)

:
Tim said:
Get a coat on and get out there! I'm waiting for the winds to drop so that I can get the cover on our newest tunnel; I'm hoping that it'll happen this weekend. I'd much rather be working on it in your conditions than in the summer. I washed the covers on the other tunnels a few weeks ago and ended up having to wear sunglasses whilst doing it; bright sunshine reflecting off of an opaque cover nearly lead to snowblindness!

I know the feeling of itching to get out and do it; you're right, it's just like playing with a new toy:)

Thanx for kick up bum ! Your right I will get out there tomorrow.. It has been sitting there all day calling my name...;)

It is like christams everyday here at the moment with all the seeds that are germinating as well.:party:.. have ALOT going on....

How often do you wash your cover ?

That is one helluva yard! Nice and green over there. It'd be nice to have a peppercorn tree on hand. I don't think it'd do well here unless I had a big green house. Look forward to see those tunnel set up pics.

boutros said:
That is one helluva yard! Nice and green over there. It'd be nice to have a peppercorn tree on hand. I don't think it'd do well here unless I had a big green house. Look forward to see those tunnel set up pics.

As I have had plans for awhile to setup a chilli nursery i needed the room.
1 acre block , headache to look after....

I love fresh peppercorn, not as much heat ?! But much more pungent than dry...... different...

I will get a start tomorrow.....

Nice garden and project you got going on there. What are your plants with the poly tunnel upcoming winter?

chilliman said:
LOL - 16Million Scoville, double jar - dont really know if we can call it a sauce...:hell:
But alot of people like it !

ohh haha i was talking about the non reserve version :P i just finished my bottle nom nom nom

lee said:
Nice garden and project you got going on there. What are your plants with the poly tunnel upcoming winter?

I will buy a second hand little potbelly stove
This will stop chilli nights and any real cold weather... (and I like a hot cuppa off it in the morning) But dont think i will have real problem.
More worried about wind and weather...

Decided-
#Run water heated NFT tables and pots.
In hope to control temps alittle better in root system all year round.

#Gravel out this first one entirely.. And make a new home away from home ;) music, beer fridge LOL.... for when the misses kicks me out.
#Engineer it alittle on the ends so i can put in windows and doors.

chilliman said:
I have not tried that one ?
Will have to get some to taste...... recommend ?

yep its really nice, 14% habs so its hot but not ass-shattering (like some 64% hab stuff i have at the moment is, haha oh dear!). great with pasta!

Back