• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Chip Dip

This is about the only recipe I can offer but I absolutely love it. I would suppose any kind of pepper can be used. I have only used jalapenos from a jar(yah I know). I am new to the super hot game so please cut me some slack if this recipe has been mentioned already. It's a chip dip so I thought it would fit in as an appetizer. 

Here it goes:
1 lb lean beef
1/2 a block of Velveeta Mexican cheese
1 small can cream of mushroom
All the peppers you can handle

Brown meat, throw in cheese to melt, pour in cream of mushroom and add peppers.

Pretty quick and very good.

I make a dip like this quite often, sometimes with ground beef, sometimes with chorizo.  Never with mushroom soup though.  That has me intrigued. 

Oh no. Don't leave out the mushroom soup. For the love of hot dip don't do it. Try it this one time.  :confused:  Please.

I'll try it, kind of think the cheese soup or cream of chicken would work better, but I will try the mushroom once.

As for the pics...

Was doubled over in pain from pepper cramps earlier. Got all the ingredients but then dinner was ready when I got back. Will make tomorrow AM. It's going to be killer.

Red Savinas, Scorpions, Datils, and  I'll see what else is on hand tomorrow.

Going to make a salsa as well. I like to throw salsa in my velveeta dip so we will see hot that turns out too.

Tinben said:
Oh no. Don't leave out the mushroom soup. For the love of hot dip don't do it. Try it this one time.  :confused:  Please.

Hmmm.

That would require another trip to the store...but maybe. That important huh?

Serranos, Japs, and Fresnos for the basic "base".

Sounds like a killer base. I think you guys will be happy with the cream of mushroom. I didn't think I would like it either.  :party:

Chile Juju said:
Is it wrong that I kinda want to try that over a bowl of pasta?!?! hahahaha

Neat twist for a classic velveeta dip - gonna try that one out!

Thanks for sharing it Tinben!!! And definitely posty up some pics when you get your hands on your camera! We looooooove pics! :D
add noodles and bake for a few minutes and you have caserole

Scoville DeVille said:
I want to try it as a facial.
i want to roll around in a small kiddie pool full of it.     NAKED :eek:

Alright, here it is!

Finally got around to making the dip. Didn't get the cream of mushroom soup though.(Sorry Tinben, next time! After  tasting it I can see how it would be good in there!)

First I started with a salsa:

5 Plum Tomatoes (They didn't have Roma)
2 Tomatoes from the garden
2 1/2 White Onions
1/2 Bunch Cilantro
3/4 Clove Garlic
Juice of 1 Lime
Sugar
Salt

Peppers:
3 Japs
3 Serrano
2 Fresno
2 Aji lemon
3 Hot Datil
1 Hot x Sweet Datil
1 Red Savina Hab
1 Trinidad Scorp

It didn't turn out as expected, it was really watery. (But Hot!)  I drained some of the juice out of it and decided it just wasn't to my liking:

So I just decided to throw it in the dip as I planned on doing anyway, as opposed to eating it straight up.

Next came the "dip part":

Nothing too exciting to show here, I just browned the meat and melted the cheese in a pan.

My boy wouldn't leave me alone:

I used about a1/3 of my "salsa" mixture to throw in the dip and mixed it all together:

And it is gooood.

Thats some "Good Eats" right there.   I'll bet you coulda ommited the Scorp, or left it in and deleted the rest!

Either way, I'd tear it up. :drooling:

Back