• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Choco Scorpion?

An update from an earlier I.D. post. These were supposed to be Jay's peach ghost scorpions that I ordered from J. Duffy. Here's what grew. I'm sending some of these off in the a.m., so I'd like to be able to tell the recipient what they are. Thanks all.

10317281896_81d9118e00_o.jpg

No idea.  Scary though I have a jays red, and peach(gave this one away), two butch t, scotch bonnet, choc scotch bonnet and two moruga from Duffy. He sent them for no cost to me and the only one that has produced is a choc scotch bonnet.  Got one pod but it didn't have the bonnet shape.  Couple pods on the butch plants but they're irregular shaped as well

Here's what I do know. There's plenty of placenta, and the oils literally soak the knife and drip when I cut them open. And there's a ton of heat. I just don't know what label to slap on them.

Edit the ton of heat....... no there's not. I got the impression there would be from the initial chicken sht bite I took.

Jay`s Ghost Red or Peach Scorpions are only F4 and not stable yet. The phenotypes on a small percentage of plants are all over the place. Mine look like Bhuts, for instance. Still, I haven`t see that colour before. I have seen a yellow phenotype and I have one plant that produced one single pod, total. It was orange. 

It`s possible yours are mutant Jays Ghost Scorpions, or a cross. It`s impossible to tell, unfortunately. I`d send a photo to Jim Duffy and ask if he`s seen anything like it.

Browning said:
might be best to call them mutts, don't save seed and find some other seeds and try again.

mutts are what all the best new strains start out as. i'd say plant it and you could have your very own pepper!
i mean, how do you think the ghost scorp came to be in the 1st place?

birdfather said:

mutts are what all the best new strains start out as. i'd say plant it and you could have your very own pepper!

i mean, how do you think the ghost scorp came to be in the 1st place?
wasn't it purposely crossed and not a guessing game?  I don't care much for the grow it out guess later, save seed and call it something new thing that a lot of people are totally ok with

MeatHead1313 said:
Oh crap. That just looks and sounds like pain for me if they're the ones you're sending me! Haha. Definitely going to be an amusing video for everyone on here that's for sure. 

Yes, Meathead, those are them! lol!

Nigel said:
Jay`s Ghost Red or Peach Scorpions are only F4 and not stable yet. The phenotypes on a small percentage of plants are all over the place. Mine look like Bhuts, for instance. Still, I haven`t see that colour before. I have seen a yellow phenotype and I have one plant that produced one single pod, total. It was orange. 

It`s possible yours are mutant Jays Ghost Scorpions, or a cross. It`s impossible to tell, unfortunately. I`d send a photo to Jim Duffy and ask if he`s seen anything like it.

Makes sense, and that's a good idea. I may do that.

The Nibbler said:
That looks just like the (T.S. x Douglah) I ate last Saturday....sounds about right with the amount of oil you found in there too lol
Ahh crap. Now I'm scared!  :onfire:  This video just keeps sounding more and more amusing! At least it will be when I recover enough to laugh at myself  :rofl:

Browning said:
wasn't it purposely crossed and not a guessing game?  I don't care much for the grow it out guess later, save seed and call it something new thing that a lot of people are totally ok with
i can't say for sure about the ghost scorp, but the butch t was definitely an unintentional cross. it's evolution. if you like the pepper, why not? i mean why wouldn't people be ok with it? the bhut jolokia is also a cross that happened in nature between chinense and frutescens. i would imagine that most hybrids are unintentional

Back