• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Chorizo's 2019 Glog

This begins with overwintering of Scotch Bonnets, Habaneros (red, orange), and Red Bhuts, plus an occasional Tabasco and Red Chili.  New additions are more Scotch Bonnets seeded over the winter, plus some Reapers purchased from HD recently, and some Red Bells.  Some small Thai germinating too, although my parent plants did not survive.  Also trying to germinate some Piri-Piri.  Was a warmer, wet winter here.this year.  Still drying out.

Attachments

• IMG_1479.jpg
    IMG_1479.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_1478.jpg
    IMG_1478.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_1477.jpg
    IMG_1477.jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 80
I thought it was weird to see two
different pods on the same plant!

Scotch Bonnet pod starting to yellow up.  Probably the best example of the morphology of the parent plant from which this was spawned.  The two yellow pointy things on the tray below are what came off a red pumpkin-shaped habanero plant.  I am thinking alien invasion.  Sleep with one eye open....

Attachments

• IMG_1799.jpg
    IMG_1799.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 48
Harvest from today, first ripe Red Bhut Jolokias, plus ripening of the JSB that was green yesterday, and a handfull of La Bamba Jalepenos from yesterday.  Saving for stuffing next weekend.  Hmmmm...oysters, lobster, scallops...?  Probably for another thread, but I am just hungry.

Attachments

• IMG_1800.jpg
    IMG_1800.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 52
Chorizo857_62J said:
Harvest from today, first ripe Red Bhut Jolokias, plus ripening of the JSB that was green yesterday, and a handfull of La Bamba Jalepenos from yesterday.  Saving for stuffing next weekend.  Hmmmm...oysters, lobster, scallops...?  Probably for another thread, but I am just hungry.

Nice harvest! What are the small red peppers on the top?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Chorizo857_62J said:

very nice jalapeno's.

The tiny red things are Tabasco peppers.  My one plant is in it's second year, is about 3 feet tall, and frickin' loaded to the hilt with peppers.  I use them for pickling in vinegar, and munching on.  I do have a sprouting that is about 2-12 inches tall, looking good, but growing slowly.

I have two jalapeño plants, one being a La Bamba from Burpee I believe.  The fat ones are the La Bamba, and they are not to spicy, but great for stuffing.

Chorizo857_62J said:
The tiny red things are Tabasco peppers.  My one plant is in it's second year, is about 3 feet tall, and frickin' loaded to the hilt with peppers.  I use them for pickling in vinegar, and munching on.  I do have a sprouting that is about 2-12 inches tall, looking good, but growing slowly.

I have two jalapeño plants, one being a La Bamba from Burpee I believe.  The fat ones are the La Bamba, and they are not to spicy, but great for stuffing.

Those sound tasty I'll have to grow those next season

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

June 12 harvest.  Taking the jalapenos off the table, into the fridge.  More Ghost peppers and Habs coming in.  Red Cherry peppers also (good munch food).  Haven't hit the Tabasco plant yet, will likely double volume, ready for a pickle bottle.

Attachments

• IMG_1805.jpg
    IMG_1805.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 47
Chorizo857_62J said:

I have not heard of that one yet.  ill have to look for them.

I will have to do my retraction as of now on the weird double-morphology deal on a plant that I previously posted about.  The subject was an elongated yellow pod on what I thought what a red habanero.  The other pods were green at the time.  One of our members suggested it may just be a feature of a weaker or stressed plant. 
Turns out, he was spot on. The plant was grouped with the other Habaneros, based on the pod morphology.  Turns out that plant is a scotch Bonnet (yellow), just not thriving like the others, and it is spitting out odd-shaped pods.  Guess I should have waited for the others, to ripen, but  it is still an interesting feature. 
I humbly be forgiveness.  But it was still kind of cool.

15 June update.  Smoker grill fired up for the first stockpile of the 2019 harvest.  All things red (habaneros, fake reapers...basically habaneros, toss in a few red bhuts, and follow-up with some scotch bonnets and jalapenos.  Red stuff will go on the dehydrator and the yellow and green will go into a sauce. 

Meanwhile the harvest continues.  First lemon drop pepper discovered today.

Attachments

• IMG_1811.jpg
    IMG_1811.jpg
    143.3 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_1812.jpg
    IMG_1812.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_1813.jpg
    IMG_1813.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 46
Alright, pulling pods!

All looks great there, friend!

Just finished yesterday, powders today.  Lil' guy is for the office. Big powder for the house.  No tequila in this sauce batch...but smoked scotch bonnets instead.  HOT.  Dehydrator almost caught fire.

Attachments

• IMG_1821.jpg
    IMG_1821.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 51
Some pest issues from the wetter season.  White fluffy deposits, I suspect a precursor of aphids? or a fungus?  Had aphids follow this stage, treated with neem, gone.  Carpenter ants seem to like to feed off of them.  Also other more friendly critters hanging out.

Attachments

• IMG_1828.jpg
    IMG_1828.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_1829.jpg
    IMG_1829.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_1831.jpg
    IMG_1831.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 43
The white things on your plant look like scale
insects to me. They exude a substance that