• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

chsy83's 2013 Grow

Looking good, :)

Carrying over from last year are about 7 red brains started from seed that I took from the peppers that I bought from you.

Seeds started yesterday:

27 x bhut jolokia brown
33 x yellow scorpion CARDI
40 x yellow brain
69 x trinidad scorpion bt

Seeds started over the weekend:
34 x wild brazil

Seeds started couple weeks ago:
24 x yellow brain
Note: 20 have sprouted so far.

S'probably out there somewhere, just haven't come across it yet, anybody know what the seed to fruit time on baccatums usually are, in other words, when to start?

First seedling has popped! Yellow Brain. Put in soil on 120412, pic taken on 120912:
8259820738_dc5ffc9ebd_b.jpg

Centered in pic.

I have 22 sprouts of the yellow brains that I started a few weeks ago. Out of 24.

Wow, thats a lot of hot stuff you will be growing next year. Good luck with your 2013 grow. I'm not doing too many
superhots next year. Most of the super hots will be naga's, 7 pot primo, carolina reaper,habanero & cili Goronong.
I will be growing some cool peppers from rareseeds.com like Friariello Di Napoli, Sigaretta De Bergamo, Shishito,
Serrano Tampequino & Thai Long Sweet. I need to start on my grow list tonight. I have a lot of sweet peppers
to grow too.

i planted my baccatums the same time as my chinense last year and both ripened their first peppers about the same time. mine set peppers pretty quick then held on to them for ever.

looks like a great list so far.

Wow, thats a lot of hot stuff you will be growing next year. Good luck with your 2013 grow. I'm not doing too many
superhots next year. Most of the super hots will be naga's, 7 pot primo, carolina reaper,habanero & cili Goronong.
I will be growing some cool peppers from rareseeds.com like Friariello Di Napoli, Sigaretta De Bergamo, Shishito,
Serrano Tampequino & Thai Long Sweet. I need to start on my grow list tonight. I have a lot of sweet peppers
to grow too.

I am planning on growing at least one sweet this year (Sofia Sweet). It is an anuum, so I won't be starting that for a while.

i planted my baccatums the same time as my chinense last year and both ripened their first peppers about the same time. mine set peppers pretty quick then held on to them for ever.

looks like a great list so far.

Well, maybe I will start my baccatums sooner than I thought, then. Planning on growing Aji Limon and Inca Red Drop.

I will have to do an inventory of the plants that are carrying over from the past year.

It was last year can't really remember. I just let it go and it kept on producing pods. Very productive plant, takes a lot of neglect and punishment and keeps on going strong.

Thats always encouraging to see a whole bunch of sprouts at the same time.....I like the look to your starter mix, its not too chunky.
Good luck with the finish, you sure got a head start......those will be some huge babies by plantout !

Greg

Looking like a small grow for 2013...
3 tents and your germination rates = pepper farm.
I'll definitely be following this grow.
Are you going to stay indoors from seed to harvest, or move some outside once summer rolls around?

Looking like a small grow for 2013...
3 tents and your germination rates = pepper farm.
I'll definitely be following this grow.
Are you going to stay indoors from seed to harvest, or move some outside once summer rolls around?

Definitely planning on moving out of doors. Only didn't last year cuz of late start/superhot drought when they were ready . . . This past year was a learning experience

Was starting to worry, but checked today and several new sprouts are coming up. Still nada for Bhut Jolokia Brown.

Back