• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

chsy83's 2014

2014 is here, and it behooves us chileheads to get our grow on once again.  I had planned on growing a smaller number of varieties this year, with more plants per variety . . . but there are so many to try.  I will be at least starting several varieties this year (several friends have expressed interest in some plants if I start them). 

Grow list:
Trinidad Scorpion Butch T
Yellow 7 Pot, Large
Charapita Yellow

Jimmy Nardello
Black Pearl
Thai (coworker gave seeds, not sure variety)

Aji Limon

Manzano

so far . . .

Yeah that's a lot of plants. Looking good though!

I am growing the yellow brain strain and 7 pot from pepperlover as well. They seem very similar, I'm curious as I grow them out again how different they are.

Pulpiteer said:
Yeah that's a lot of plants. Looking good though!

I am growing the yellow brain strain and 7 pot from pepperlover as well. They seem very similar, I'm curious as I grow them out again how different they are.

I am also interested to see what the differences are.  I grew some yellow brains last year that were deseeded from Baker's Peppers peppers and sent to me from ColoradoRonin.  I was wanting to see if the flavor was any different on the Yellow Brains from isolated seeds.  I have also heard a lot of people sing praises of the yellow 7.

Looking good . I have found very little difference in taste or heat in my yellow 7's from my yellow brains. Both are great for all types of sauces and powders. 

one tray of butch ts, "potted up" to 20 oz party cups.  030114
12893160053_bbdec88a42_b.jpg

Well, I have totally run out of room, so I did not get to the anuums or the frutescens on my list, . . . but I have a ton regardless.  I will try to remember to post something soon.  18 varieties started, one of which I know had no survivors . . . the giant red rocoto.  Not its fault, however.  I went on vacation for a week while it was still in jiffies.  It seems to be more sensitive to drying out than some of my others.

Everything is now outside.  The tents have been shut down.  Once again . . . you can stop monitoring the IR of my house now! . . . :)

052914 update:
14115474217_958d34072e_b.jpg

14278884976_0bb56ffccc_b.jpg

Blackberries in the back, stevia in the foreground.

14115475687_2e78a7bd92_b.jpg

Partially through putting together a support pot for my dragon fruit plants.

14301446574_98efb21496_b.jpg

With the cacti in it.

What type of blackberries are you growin? and how old are your dragonfruit?

Navaho thornless blackberries, the dragon fruit are somewhere around a year to a year and a half … I would have to do some digging to get a more accurate answer
The dragon fruit are a little under a year, from cuttings. Received from thp member angry tarpon

Back