• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

Cigars

moyboy said:
I still have a nice fat 'Romeo Y Julieta' in it's tin case, I will have to look at smoking it next weekend when the kids aren't home.

How long will a good cigar last in it tin case before it would be considered to be passed it's time??

Basically forever, but you'll probably need to re-humidify it before you smoke it and the taste might change if it is too dry for too long. I have a humidor because it is so darn dry here, I'm aiming for 65-70 % RH. I'm not sure about the humidity where you live, you might not need a humidor.

MrArboc said:
Basically forever, but you'll probably need to re-humidify it before you smoke it and the taste might change if it is too dry for too long. I have a humidor because it is so darn dry here, I'm aiming for 65-70 % RH. I'm not sure about the humidity where you live, you might not need a humidor.

I agree

You must always maintain a good moisture ..... I too have a humidifier

after the cigar dry ... must be humidified very slowly otherwise would definitely ruin

:RESURECTION: for the 3rd or 4th time.

Dose anyone here make ther own cigars ??

I am a newb in the cigar world and starting to enjoy the odd stogie. I have been looking into making my own.
Though tech and may take years Im excited to get some fresh and cured leaf early next year.
Will be throwing together a DIY kiln with poly, bar heater, humidifier, thermo switch etc.
Also some will already be air and colour cured for around 2 mths .

I am making up simple timber molds. To shape the filler & binder.

Wonder if anyone has had experience or is giving it a go.

Back