• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Clam Juice

Yes, you read the description correctly my friends...
Last night, the wifie and I were at WalMart doing our weekly grocery shopping, and we were rounding a corner, when the wife calls out "look at that!" So, I look. Up on the top shelf are two bottles of CLAM JUICE. They were only $1.47, so I got one. We are going to a friend's house tonight for a little get together, and there will be a few people there. I'm betting we could get some money together and get SOMEONE to drink that crap.
We get home, and I decide hey, lets open it up and smell it! Let me tell ya folks...that crap smells just as bad as it sounds. Maybe WORSE.

Linguini w/clams, clam chowder and as kz2zx said it is used all the time as a seafood stock base for sauces and soups. There is also a very popular drink called clamato, it's in most stores with the tomato juice. Drinking it right out of the bottle would be a little rough:crazy:

Clam juice is your friend. While I prefer it out of the can that actually has clams in it, the bottled stuff will do in a pinch. As mentioned, it is a key ingredient in several shellfish/seafood dishes.

Back