• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

Clam Juice

Yes, you read the description correctly my friends...
Last night, the wifie and I were at WalMart doing our weekly grocery shopping, and we were rounding a corner, when the wife calls out "look at that!" So, I look. Up on the top shelf are two bottles of CLAM JUICE. They were only $1.47, so I got one. We are going to a friend's house tonight for a little get together, and there will be a few people there. I'm betting we could get some money together and get SOMEONE to drink that crap.
We get home, and I decide hey, lets open it up and smell it! Let me tell ya folks...that crap smells just as bad as it sounds. Maybe WORSE.

Linguini w/clams, clam chowder and as kz2zx said it is used all the time as a seafood stock base for sauces and soups. There is also a very popular drink called clamato, it's in most stores with the tomato juice. Drinking it right out of the bottle would be a little rough:crazy:

Clam juice is your friend. While I prefer it out of the can that actually has clams in it, the bottled stuff will do in a pinch. As mentioned, it is a key ingredient in several shellfish/seafood dishes.

Back