• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

CMPMAN1974's 2010 Growing Log

Well, I created a different thread, but I can't find it. It was in the wrong section anyways so I'm starting over.

The season is on. Here's a peek into early activity. It's no AJ set-up, but....

P1080622.jpg

P1080623.jpg

P1080629.jpg

P1080630.jpg

As Always Chris, well done my friend, that 7 pod primo is one scary looking pod. By the looks of all your photo's you had a great season.
George W.

I love your Photos Chris. and your peppers and documentation is a+ in my books. Question when you lable pods as NOT this and noNOT that is that because the seeds were either labeled wrong or had a cross?
I love your peppers man

those fefferona look authentic.

those things pickled in balsamic vinegar along with some parsley, spices and cucumbers makes for some amazingly tasty peppers.

Thanks for the recipe Charles. Yes, they should be authentic given my supplier has a lot of knowledge of these peppers! They have an interesting taste.

Yes, Charles the season has gone much better than anticipated except for my Pubescens. Last year was better for those. You don't need a ton of pods per plant when you grow a ton of plants per garden. lol.

The NOT designator means cross or not representative of what the parent pod looked like from the original seed stock. A friend of mine did this and it fits well.

A few more from my Frutescens experiment this season. I've been documenting some stuff. I question the species designation in some, but I retain it for now as the genetic seedbanks provided this info. Some seem more 'Annuum' to me. I actually REALLY enjoy Frutescens, but they are long season and not suited well towards Michigan. You just need to find the right varieties. Some have major heat.

I really liked NJA's Madagascar Peri Peri pods - extremely hot good flavor.

Chris

P1090103.jpg

P1090102.jpg

P1090101.jpg

P1090100.jpg

Looking great as always Chris.

Is the small size of the 7 Pod Primo the norm? This is my first year growing them and for the most part they are smaller than a quarter. There are a couple larger pods that I plan on using for seed stock though in hopes of getting some larger pods next year. I do love the tail and excessive ribbing. Thanks.

Yes Patrick, these Primos are smaller than other 7 Pots. I guess they have some attributes that make them worthwhile though. They're quite unique. I too am trying to selectively pick pods that are larger to produce better peppers next season. We'll see. The consistency of the pods are amazing though. It's obviously very stabilized.

Here's a taste of India!

Chris

P1090107.jpg

P1090108.jpg

P1090109.jpg

P1090110.jpg

Amazing Variety my friend and your growing Skills are still getting better,been away for a long time and Great to see some fantastic pictures from a skillful grower who loves the C. :)

Talas

These all look the same. Kind of funny. :) They do taste somewhat different though.

Those look delicious. It's great to see all the different C. Frutescens. I think there are some great genes out there. I totally agree with you on the Scorpion variability. The first time I grew them I initially thought they had crossed with a Seven. Later on they started showing stingers, pity they take so long to get going. All the photos look fantastic. I'd love to see the jungle where those grow.

Back