• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Cody Kerr's grow log for 2010!

ok so i ended up planting 3 seeds into 95 jiffy pellets tonight, labled and under lights with a heat pad. i still need a timer but since its just the germinating stage i should be ok for a few days.

so here is the "official grow list"

jalepeno
serrano
cayenne
lemon drop
scotch bonnet
roccoto
fatalli
thai hot
bhut jolokia
big orange(dont have the actualy name yet)
carribean red habenero
naga morich
chocolate habenero(long version)
chocolate habenero(short version)
bolivian rainbow
unknown peruvian(need to get the name)
unknow(have to wait for possible I.D.)
pequine
red bell

sorry for the long list. lol

but anyway, il keep you all updated on my plant progression. thanks for looking

Looks great Cody. Which ones are you having trouble starting? I have got all sprouted except my wilds (which I knew would take longer) and Chocolate Bhut. Not worried yet though. Only been 11 days.

I hope you have a great season!
jacob

Looking good Cody. I notice you arent using a seedling heating mat, ever consider one? It will warm the root area and from what I have seen myself and been told, make the seedlings grow faster. In my dome with a heating mat, my bhuts (and everything else) have sprouted very quickly.

A heating at definately makes the plants grow quicker, but is more for germination. I have orange 7 pots putting on real leaves 5 days after sprouting. That is a few days quicker than usual. But the down side is that with the dome off, the soil dries out much quicker. I had 2 plants wilt today due to the soil getting too dry. Hopefully they will pull through, but if not, I sowed extra just for these mistakes. Lesson learned.

I would like to get my plants off the heat mat soon in order to get a smaller stockier growth from the plant, but still waiting for a few more varieties to sprout.

jacob

Mjdtexan said:
I like the way it looks. Are those Jiffy Pots seed starting kits?

yes there the jiffy pellet 72 count kit with tray and dome. 6 bucks from wal mart

Matt50680 said:
Looking good Cody. I notice you arent using a seedling heating mat, ever consider one? It will warm the root area and from what I have seen myself and been told, make the seedlings grow faster. In my dome with a heating mat, my bhuts (and everything else) have sprouted very quickly.

im not using a heating mat for a couple reasons- 1. tere growing in my tarantula room(yeah thats my other hobby) and i keep it at a constant 80 degrees F. 2. the lights are close enough to boost the temp on the plants to 83 degrees F.

jjs7741 said:
Looks great Cody. Which ones are you having trouble starting? I have got all sprouted except my wilds (which I knew would take longer) and Chocolate Bhut. Not worried yet though. Only been 11 days.

I hope you have a great season!
jacob

well the serrano seeds i got never sprouted, so i broke down and bought a seed packet from wal mart. other than that just a few pellets didnt sprout, no big deal i just planted more.

ok so i decided id go ahead and give an update.

i planted my biggest seedlings into 16oz dixi cups. the rest im leaving in the jiffy tray to grow for a bit longer. also i still have the odds and ends that never sprouted. but i replanted them and now waiting. i also went and got a survival blanket to aid in light reflection. anyway here are some pics.

4327008374_a904e246f8.jpg

4327008376_1e5dbe6297.jpg

4327008380_36a3629d44.jpg

4327008382_f54501256c.jpg

also these are not all of what im growing. there are still unsprouted and little ones like i said.

thank you! this year is going to be the biggest grow op yet. so lots of time and patience are in order. i want everything to be just right!

to pot up in ended up using mirical grow potting soil. all wal mart had for now.

and thanks for all the comments.

I have used the miracle grow for pot up for years. May not be the best, but it does work. Your plants look great. Keep the updates coming.

jacob

ok time for an update.

there growing like weeds. im fixing to move the lights up a few notches in just a bit. roots are looking like there developing nicely too. anyway here is and update

4352431488_912fb30536_o.jpg

4352431528_68e94f7e7d_o.jpg

like i said, there growing like weeds. i just cant wait until i have peppers this summer!

Back