• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Cody Kerr's grow log for 2010!

ok so i ended up planting 3 seeds into 95 jiffy pellets tonight, labled and under lights with a heat pad. i still need a timer but since its just the germinating stage i should be ok for a few days.

so here is the "official grow list"

jalepeno
serrano
cayenne
lemon drop
scotch bonnet
roccoto
fatalli
thai hot
bhut jolokia
big orange(dont have the actualy name yet)
carribean red habenero
naga morich
chocolate habenero(long version)
chocolate habenero(short version)
bolivian rainbow
unknown peruvian(need to get the name)
unknow(have to wait for possible I.D.)
pequine
red bell

sorry for the long list. lol

but anyway, il keep you all updated on my plant progression. thanks for looking

well i started the seeds in jiffy pellets. then i potted up in 16oz dixie cups using miracle grow potting mix. i havent fed them anything yet either

Those are looking outstanding Cody. That Miracle Grow is green leaf growing magic. I'm not sure if I would add any other fertilizer to it though. Sure doesn't look like you need it. At this rate you'll be picking peppers in a few weeks.

thanks again.

anyway, just thought id show you all what my setup looks like.(right now its setup for juvenile plants, as the plants grow i can make the whole light stand taller up to 4 foot tall if needed)

this is the setup with my survival blanket(Mylar) for reflection.

4352078735_04f36ff55e_o.jpg

here is an unknown pepper from BrianS(looks like a Tabasco maybe but hopefully we can I.D. it when it fruits)

4352078667_f3aebb13ca_o.jpg

here is a shot of some roots growing crazy

4352825122_5ae8047d9b_o.jpg

the leaves are huge on that thing. anyway i do have 1 question....is it normal for the plants itself to have a peppery or spicy smell to them? Actually smells like peppers

Judging by the top photo in your 5:50PM EST post, you might want to set your light up so that is on an angle. That way you can just line your plants up by height, getting both taller and shorter ones close to the lights.

NoVa Hothead said:
Judging by the top photo in your 5:50PM EST post, you might want to set your light up so that is on an angle. That way you can just line your plants up by height, getting both taller and shorter ones close to the lights.

yeah thats what i did last night. the taller ones are now all on the left while the shorter ones are on the right.

Your peppers look outstanding!

Great idea with the PVC, I did the same but made the rack taller to use my coffee table so more south light would reach the plants through the french doors. I assembled the pipe without glue and will take it apart and store the lights and pipe in a box in the closet after everything is planted.

ok so here is another update on the progress. the plants look amazing. growing very well, nice and stalky. anyway here are some pics.

4370984857_dced512972_o.jpg

4370984905_004a0163c1_o.jpg

4370984945_694895959f_o.jpg

4371733396_d4ced54669_o.jpg

thats what i have so far. thanks for looking

well yesterday buddy of mine gave me some pequine seeds(the first ones never germinated) so i will be planting them soon. ill post pics of them once they sprout.

thanks patrick! i cant wait to put them outside and start getting some ripe pods! going to be a scorcher this summer!

i do have a question though. real "pequines" are round or bullet shaped? i cant remember.

Plants look great Cody. Keep the updates coming. How much longer till your plant out date? Most my plants are on their 3rd set of leaves in the 3.5" pots and still haven't started the annums yet. Still have about 8 weeks till plant out though.

Pequins are a bullet shaped "birds eye" pepper.

jacob

codykrr,

Now I am cursin myself for deciding to go to India in this growing season.
Love the healthy plants you got there buddy.
Do you invite rustlers?

NJA

id say about 8 to 9 weeks till they go outside. i did make the mistake of planting the annums to early. but we all have to learn from our mistakes.

and NJA, sorry your not able to grow, but look at it this way. while were slaving over our peppers and other plants you will be eating all the curry, and spicy relish, and discovering peppers we dont evn know about possibly. so while you may not be growing this year, you will be eating peppers any way. and not sure what you mean by rustlers...must have went oer my head.

thanks. ive been trying to do it right. tomorrow im going to have to convert my light stand into the taller version. i have the lights as high as they will go on the current setting and there growing into the bulbs. also im going to place my order for 1 gallon plastic bag pots.

Back