• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

Coffee (Aeropress)

I've roasted green beans from sweetmairas on the whirlybird and in an air popper..
Honestly I much prefer the air popper. Just a cheap Walmart popcorn popper works great!
It's a lot of fun, but the chaff gets all over the place!
Keep a wooden spoon handy for stirring.

I've roasted green beans from sweetmairas on the whirlybird and in an air popper..
Honestly I much prefer the air popper. Just a cheap Walmart popcorn popper works great!
It's a lot of fun, but the chaff gets all over the place!
Keep a wooden spoon handy for stirring.

If you do it again. shoot pics to the thread ... It's on my short list ...

http://www.sweetmarias.com/airpop/airpopmethod.php

There's instructions and a video.
They actually recommend a popper from Walgreens!

Sweet ... will watch that after work ...

FWIW, this coffee I've roasted isn't worth the additional money it cost ...

An example that was worth "additional" cost, though, was their Kenyan Maywal ... if you see that, buy it up and freeze beans like a mofo ...

I wish I still had some ...

Thanks for the info ...

I tried the aeropress and although it's better than other low cost contraptions I still prefer my jura hands down. We have 2 J9's at the office and I enjoyed the machine so much I picked up a budget friendly C5 when I found it for $200 off.

I like intelligentsia, and black cat amoung the other more popular blends, but my favorite is Keen's dark roast that I get just around the corner from home. Another hidden gem is Killer Bean's espresso. I've been trading cigars with Jerry for some time and he's beans are superb!!

I tried the aeropress and although it's better than other low cost contraptions I still prefer my jura hands down. We have 2 J9's at the office and I enjoyed the machine so much I picked up a budget friendly C5 when I found it for $200 off.

I like intelligentsia, and black cat amoung the other more popular blends, but my favorite is Keen's dark roast that I get just around the corner from home. Another hidden gem is Killer Bean's espresso. I've been trading cigars with Jerry for some time and he's beans are superb!!

I don't doubt that. The Aeropress is $25, man =)

Will look into those beans though, so thanks for adding to the conversation in that regard ...

So ...

The Full City Dark Medium as: http://keensbeans.com/shoponline.html

and which here? http://www.mdcigars.com/killerbeans.htm

Just found this. Sounds like there are a few coffee aficionados on THP! I've been roasting for 3+ years now, and can never go back to store bought (or even most cafe bought) coffee/beans. It's a lot of fun. Will have to post some pics from my next roast.

Couldn't tell, did you ever end up roasting in the Whirley Pop Grant?

I haven't gotten into roasting at home yet, but I'm always tempted to start each time I visit sweetmaria's ...

Will look forward to your posting, and will likely give it a whirl myself soon thereafter ...

Back