• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

Coffee connoisseurs

LGHT said:
I you haven't tried a cup yet please make a note to add Kopi Luwak to your list. I have a relative who lived in Indonesia for several years and shipped a bag to me some time ago. The cost has sky rocketed in the last few years due to how the beans are "pre-processed", but it's a very good floral roast with a hint of natural sweetness!

Is that the cat poo coffee?

And one engineer I work with is from Mexico and his family has a coffee plantation. He had some coffee that he brought back and he made some espresso for me and omg was it delicious. The espresso machine was badass too uses a pump instead of steam pressure so it can use 91C water which apparently keeps any bitterness out. Best damn cup of espresso I've ever had

I've had that tanzania peaberry too, and it's delish stuff. Still love my mexican organic dark roast tho....

Currently enjoying a iced quad hazlenut latte w/ a couple shots of whiskey in it.

Mmmm.

I'm not into coffee nearly as much as I am beer and vodka, but definitely am picky about it. I tried Kopi Luwak once in Berkeley, CA. It was damn good but in no way is it worth the price. When I was living in Prague, I always drank Barbera which I'd say is still one of, if not my favorite.

I love good coffee.. I have to agree, blue mountain and kona are good cups of coffee, but I don't find them to be worth the premium asked for the...

My current favourite cup is a single estate origin Ethiopian Harrar that I buy from a coffee place near my house... They roast beans everyday and it always smells ammazing when I walk in there. ... It is all shadegrown, fairtrade organic blahblah but all I care about it that it tastes great .. If I am not drinking that I will get an Americano.. They use Mexican beans for the espresso roast.. lots of crema , bold clean front flavours and a finish that teases you into thinking you will get a bitter aftertaste but then it just vanishes into smoothness.

their espresso beans have such a thick layer of natural oils on them after roasting that =they just cling to the metal chute when I am buying the whole beans out of the bulk section.:)

I love my coffee,here in the UK there is to much instant,i like to buy coffee for my cafetiere...
Coffee_by_Deliri_Ira.gif

French vanilla would be my favorite coffee, and in Canada, Tim Hortons is where everyone gets their coffee in the mornings.

Tim Hortons has gross coffee, I vastly prefer starbucks over that crap. Phew, now that I got that off my chest (I'm still a proud Canadian but Tim Ho's coffee is just wrong!)...

I feel better.

lostmind said:
Tim Hortons has gross coffee, I vastly prefer starbucks over that crap. Phew, now that I got that off my chest (I'm still a proud Canadian but Tim Ho's coffee is just wrong!)...

I feel better.

:lol::lol::lol:

Penny said:
French vanilla would be my favorite coffee, and in Canada, Tim Hortons is where everyone gets their coffee in the mornings.

Aren't they the religious nuts that put bible quotes on everything? Or am I thinking of another donut shop?

Hey ringsting! I know just what little coffeehouses you're talking about! I very quickly got addicted to their brews. "Kick-Ass Coffee" is the Dunkin'D's of Alaska! Name's pretty cute, too! I do like Starbucks fairly well but refuse to buy their coffee on principle..... they are gouging people with their prices! I buy a blend of Sumatra & Kenyan coffee at Trader Joe's that I serve at home.

Reviving threads, eh?

I'm a straight espresso drinker, and hate most mass-produced coffee.

Usually I drink LaVazza Tierra. I may try others from time to time, Klatch Roasting's had my business a time or two. Ethiopian's OK in an espresso blend, btw, adding some chocolate tones, but I don't like a steady diet of it (like Black Cat peeps do).

Wow I'm some kind of late to this thread, but I'm a HUGE coffee lover. And a bit of a coffee snob...

I absolutely must suggest you try "Black Blood of the Earth" if you have the funds to do so. It is basically not "brewed", but rather extracted from the beans, it tastes along the lines of espresso, but it's MUCH stronger in terms of actual caffeine and flavor concentration. It's not as bitter because it's not brewed, and therefore has absolutely no acidity!

http://store.funraniumlabs.com/category/coffee_news/

i like me some coffee but i ain't no snob about it, i'd just about kill someone to get dunkin D's coffee everyone morning :)

Back