• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Comfort Food Thread

Searched and found one 7 years ago and instead of activating a necro thread with dead photobucket links I thought might start a new one. Winter here so probably gona do some sweet stuff :D

Had a craving for eggs lately. Rye bread/tomato with a slab of Havarti, Golden berry hot sauce and harissa sauce.

RM03cAj.jpg

I actually like 0 browning on my omelets :shocked: lol very particular, but I do love a browned frittata haha, just call it one, and I'm down ;)

Someone say frittata? :clap:

Does it look like this?
100_12301.jpg

I've been slacking posting pics, last night was smothered greenbeans with potatoes, onions and smoked sausage served with a cornbread dressing stuffed boneless chicken.
100_12431.jpg

100_12441.jpg

Tonight I had tacos and green chili enchiladas.

100_12481.jpg

And if that wasn't enough, I went to lunch at one of the best restaurants with friends but didn't take pics. Check out this video, the food is off the chain.
http://klfy.com/2016/12/15/acadiana-eats-shucks-in-abbeville/

I made the boiled dinner thing, you know from New England. Supposed to be Irish but it's not. Anyway, it came out awesome!!! This is the all time comfort food if there ever was one. I used 2 pieces of meat, a flat and a point so I could get enough fat to flavor the broth. Cooked/boiled/simmered those for 3 hours then add all the veggies.  I even added turnips. It made a killer broth. I just knocked this bowl out and I think I'll need another one.

I even made Ya'll a smiley face. That didn't come out right, what the  :hell:
100_12681.jpg

100_12701.jpg

WTH?

I thought this was the comfort food thread.

Where's the mac n' scheeze?

Boiled meat and turnips?

Where's the hot stuff?

Where's the got dang meat loaf?

I want some meat loaf!

Or some chuck roast with carrots and potato's.

I'm puttin' all you motherfuckers on notice!

texas blues said:
WTH?

I thought this was the comfort food thread. It is comfort food tonight, tomorrow I might need some Beano!!

Where's the mac n' scheeze? After school snacks except on Thanksgiving 

Boiled meat and turnips? And other stuff too

Where's the hot stuff? Turnips for a little spice, maybe hot vinegar but the taste was so good I didn't want to chance it

Where's the got dang meat loaf?  Show me some, I haven't eaten that in a while, post up!

I want some meat loaf! ^^^^

Or some chuck roast with carrots and potato's. It's brisket and carrots, potatoes too, it qualifies. I cooked beef shanks in a dark gravy last night, will that do?

I'm puttin' all you motherf**kers on notice! Whatcha cooking tomorrow? 

Whatcha cooking tomorrow?

I love Jiggs Dinner actually but I would dump the real Turnip and go with  the Swede/Rutabaga that Newfies mean when they say Turnip.  If you can get salt navel beef  it works better than corned beef in my opinion. 

Actually the recipe I followed today called for rutabaga but walmart didn't have any and it's too cold(40) to be driving all over town. But maybe next time!!

I certainly wouldn't turn a bowl of your dinner down, still looks awesome to me, even if the TB is grumping about it.  ;)

Try celery root (celeriac) or even daikon in a beef soup/stew. Both are interesting as a tuber replacement. Its pretty common in some of the Asian beef soups to use daikon like we would use a potato in stew. It becomes very "potato-ish" in texture and sorta close in flavor. Celery root is great in a chicken soup too. Pretty much like a celery flavored potato.

Back