• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

Commercial Blender

Howdy gang. Was wondering about blenders. No complaints with a blender like vitamix. But what are hot sauce makers using to blend sauces in large quantities? Thanks for your advice.

Mods might delete or move it, it seemed appropriate to the subject~   Starting a separate thread was a good idea as there might be others not reading this thread.
SL

salsalady said:

Orekoc said:
Thanks Lady Salsa.  Wasn't sure if it belonged here or not, which is why I started a seperate thread for it.

You are a champ!

salsalady said:
Mods might delete or move it, it seemed appropriate to the subject~   Starting a separate thread was a good idea as there might be others not reading this thread.
SL

AND THE AWARD GOES TO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Playing around with a harissa sauce for the hot sauce class- charred red bell peppers, assorted dried chiles soaked in hot water, spices, garlic...

Ninja -v- Blendtec
Ingredients

20181228_154214.jpg

Ninja after about 3 minutes blendering, seeds and pulp still visible.
20181228_161026.jpg

The same sauce in the BlendTec with the ninja lid on the right.
20181228_161848.jpg

Ninja on the left, blendtec after 30 seconds in the middle, blendtec after about a minute on the left.
20181228_165208.jpg

Running the sauce another minute in the Blendtec would yield a silky smooth sauce. After 3 minutes in the ninja, it wasn't getting any smoother, so I switched to the blendtec.

Hope this helps. There are other models of blenders, so others may get different results.

What model number is you Blendtec? I think it helps because so many damn models. My Vitamix is 6300.

There's really only 6 models from Blendtec, they have more but they get into ice and water dispenser cabinets.

1370F494-22D9-4FB6-B3D2-7E8268753D7C.jpeg

Edit: The Connoisseur looks different because it's quieted with sound shields. (The motor housing too).

Blendtec ICB3 Smoother 1500 watts.

20181228_172352.jpg

20181228_173402.jpg

The 575 is 1575 watts, most models seem to use the Wildside carafe.

I purchased it reconditioned (7? 8? ??) Years ago. It has the shroud with flip up front cover, designed for Smoothie bars and such.

See, that makes me mad. If I wanted to get the same model as SL because she loves it, and recommends it, how the hell would one do that? They change friggen model numbers and designs every time the wind blows.

Which blows.

Bastages.

Scoville DeVille said:
I didn't realize you've had yours for that long. I must be getting old.

ON/PULSE/OFF

That's all that's needed.

?..edit... :)

The Hot Pepper said:
Even on their website, pics of models that don't exist :lol:

attachicon.gif
blendtec.png
Isn't that the guy who did the Egg-er-sizer commercials? Haven't seen that model since the 90's.

Never mind, it would of got the derail tiara of the decade.... but it was a good one ~~~~

I'm currently tossing up between an immersion blender (following the other thread on immersion blenders) and one of these types.  I am thinking they can do pretty much the same job but the immersion has the benefit of not wanting to explode hot sauce over everything?

How does one find these when initially blending hot sauce which is well, hot off the stove? Do they want to explode hot sauce due to the initial seconds of blending or can they vent?

Back