• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Compmodder26's 2014 Grow Log - Supers ripening

So my 2012-2013 season has offically come to a close.  All of my plants are now composting with the exception of one plant.  I picked the final 3 pods off of my 7 Pot Brown this weekend.  Potted the mother down to a 3 gallon pot and gave her a haircut.  She's in her new home for the winter.  Crossing my fingers as this is my first time to try overwintering a plant.

2013-11-11%2009.10.15.jpg

2013-11-11%2009.11.46.jpg

I will be back on in a bit to post my grow list for 2014.

There won't be much activity on this glog until mid-late January.  That's when I'll be starting my Chinenses.  

Stay tuned...

GnomeGrown said:
Nice looking pods

LOVE me some Nardellos!

:dance:

~G
Thanks!  Jimmies are one of my favorite peppers too!

PaulG said:
Hey, Brian, looks like your season is picking up for you!
Nice harvests there - good variety and very colorful.  I've
been thinking about using some RCW in my big containers,
but am having a little difficulty trying to locate some hardwood
varieties.

Your community garden beds look great - I'll bet you will get
those peppers in tip top shape!

Thanks Paul.  If you can't source fresh hardwood, you can always buy the bags of hardwood bark mulch at your local big box store.  It's not as nutrient packed as fresh, but it does still do an excellent job of feeding your plants.  My two raised beds in my backyard have the bagged mulch in them and I've not had to do any supplemental fertilizing all season.
OCD Chilehead said:
Nice to here from you. Glad to see some pods. Little green ones on my end. Hoping they mature before
first frost.

Thanks for sharing.
Thanks Chuck!  Here's hoping they ripen for you as well!

PIC 1 said:
Brian you've got plenty of heat on the table......and those Mariachi's aren't bad either. I remember when they were an All American Winner.
Best of luck with the rest of your season.
Thanks Greg!  The Mariachi's are a great pepper indeed.  Love the flavor and it doesn't always have to be about the heat, so these are perfect for those occasions.

Went to the garden today to pick some pods on my lunch.  Latest shot is below.  Got a question for you guys though.  I had to toss 3 pods away today.  They were eaten up pretty bad and all were absolutely covered with ants.  I've never had issues with ants actually eating my pods before, but it sure seems like they were the culprits.  Have any of you heard/had this happen before?

Top (L-R): Jalapeno, Huge Bell
Middle (L-R): Brown Moruga Scorpion, Not Yellow Scotch Bonnet x2, True Yellow Scotch Bonnet x1, Golf ball for scale ;), 7 Pot Burgundy, Jimmy Nardelo
Bottom: Bishop's Hat
20140819_125328.jpg

Forgot to post this earlier.  Made a sauce last weekend:

Before: 
20140816_142330.jpg

After:
20140816_193926.jpg

Awesome shroom field. That's great stuff. I like the hot sauce. Sorry I have been lagging on Glogs. I just went to my email junk folder and almost everything I follow is in there. I still get random updates emailed. Need to fix this some how. Anyways can't wait to see that garden next year. RCW seems like the way to go.

How did the sauce taste? It looks delicious.

Thanks for sharing.

Chuck

compmodder26 said:
How can you tell if the soil food web is active in your new RCW  garden bed? Check out the picture below. This is the new bed I built a couple of months ago.

20140821_084911.jpg

That looks great!  With the junk I'm dealing with in my new garden with the sandy soil, I'm jealous.  That looks awesome and I bet your plants love it!

Back