• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Contest for First Ripe Pepper

lol only ment it as a health and safty anouncement honestly.... I'm scared of nagas becauce of billyboys pods. lol
I got nothing right now.... I'll be back when I'm sober. bring on the trash talk.

Ms. Pam...do you have a list of who all is in for the contest..I just want to see who the competition is.

Ok, contestants so far...

Pam
Potawie
Omri
Luckydog
Trexxen
bowhunter
Alabama Jack
Devil Duck, who thinks he gets to be a contestant *and* select the winner. Ha! Like we wouldn't notice!
fisting mayfield
billyboy (?)

Should I repost the agreed upon rules?

We do need some judges still.

Pam said:
Ok, contestants so far...

Pam
Potawie
Omri
Luckydog
Trexxen
bowhunter
Alabama Jack
Devil Duck, who thinks he gets to be a contestant *and* select the winner. Ha! Like we wouldn't notice!
fisting mayfield
billyboy (?)

Should I repost the agreed upon rules?

We do need some judges still.

I think it would be appropriate

I can be a contestant and select a winner....because I probably won't win. When it comes to indoor growing, I suck something fierce.

Now if I had the ability do grow mine outside, you all would go down in flames!!!!

Pam said:
Ok, here's my thoughts.

1. The contest starts at 12:00 AM GMT, January 1, 2008. Go to http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/ to see what time that is in your time zone.

2. "Start" means whatever the first step in planting is for you. That means if you soak your seeds or just stick 'em in the seed starting medium, 12:00 AM GMT is when you start. You can fill your seed cups and have lights, etc. in place before hand. It's the actual manipulation of the seeds -aside from a little fondling - that can't start until 12:00 AM GMT, January 1, 2008.

3. Use your The Hot Pepper blog to chronicle your progress and post pictures.

4. This is just for fun and bragging rights, so please remember to keep it fun.

5. When you think you have a ripe pod, post enough pictures that the judges can make sure there are no green patches.

6. Judges..we need at least 3 so there are no ties. Preferably they would be members in good standing who check in regularly. We can probably twist Bentalphanerd's arm...anybody else want to volunteer?

7. This is for fun. I think bribing and sucking up to the judges should be part of the fun.

Anything else?

Does everyone who's interested have seeds?

hi Pam and all,
Im new here and was reading your contest of sorts. I have a few Bhut Jolokia Seeds and a couple mature plants. is it ok if i just take a cutting on the first and enter it as an honorable mention. not to compete with the seedlings of course.hope to absorb some good information from you guys n gals in the future for growing some super hot chilis.

happy holidays

pablo said:
hi Pam and all,
Im new here and was reading your contest of sorts. I have a few Bhut Jolokia Seeds and a couple mature plants. is it ok if i just take a cutting on the first and enter it as an honorable mention. not to compete with the seedlings of course.hope to absorb some good information from you guys n gals in the future for growing some super hot chilis.

happy holidays

Sure, as long as you are prepared for lots of trash talk about your "cheating" if you get a ripe pod before us seeders. *grin*

If you're interested in Naga seeds, Peppermania http://www.peppermania.com/home.html now has Nagas, and they ship internationally.

billyboy said:
Pam, remove the ? from my name on the list, Id like to play too!:hell:

Kewl!

I'm frantically preparing for guests right now, but I'll get an official set of rules together by the end of the week.

Pam said:
Sure, as long as you are prepared for lots of trash talk about your "cheating" if you get a ripe pod before us seeders. *grin*

If you're interested in Naga seeds, Peppermania http://www.peppermania.com/home.html now has Nagas, and they ship internationally.
lol np Pam,however Cheating sounds so dirty ...I like to think of it as more prepared,we did plant several hundred seeds to get my 2 plants ,so im real fond of cuttings over seedlings once i have a proven plant.this one is quite prolific and produces a good pollen supply. the other BJ grows well but has yet to produce a pod.
not quite sure what the problem,temps are good,Nitrogen is ok,but pollen from this plant was almost not existant. will re run her thru a cycle to see if she produces any pods,if none this time ...she is compost.
btw I took two 3" cuts tday for the first ripe contest...maybe someother gardener has a mature plant to try a few cuttings .
if the fatalis arrive soon I will try those seed .

thanks Pam

pablo

stillmanz said:
lol Billyboy is going to eat you alive...

hows that pam?

Sad

I'll have his upside down Australian behind strapped to a rotisserie with my first ripe Naga stuffed in his mouth like an apple while Devil Duck slaps on a little Nuclear Scurvy, Potawie loads on the hickory chips, and Luckydog and Alabama Jack hand out the beers.

Shall I carve you a slice?

Pam said:
Sad

I'll have his upside down Australian behind strapped to a rotisserie with my first ripe Naga stuffed in his mouth like an apple while Devil Duck slaps on a little Nuclear Scurvy, Potawie loads on the hickory chips, and Luckydog and Alabama Jack hand out the beers.

Damn...now that's a pimpslap!!! :lol:

Pam said:
Sad

And we'll make him drink a Fosters!:oops:

No, Not FOSTERS..........
Never....

In other news, I spoke to my sponsers today, Im allowed anything I want out of my Hydro shop, my only instruction was to be humble on the podium.

Pam, Youll be lucky to even germinate a seed let alone talk of ripe pods :rolleyes:

DevilDuck, the only pimples Ive ever seen were on PLUCKED ducks!

POTAWIE, I am your living "Nemesis" Hello my friend :hell:

muwahhaahahaahahah:fire::fire:

billyboy said:
No, Not FOSTERS..........
Never....

In other news, I spoke to my sponsers today, Im allowed anything I want out of my Hydro shop, my only instruction was to be humble on the podium.

Pam, Youll be lucky to even germinate a seed let alone talk of ripe pods :rolleyes:

DevilDuck, the only pimples Ive ever seen were on PLUCKED ducks!

POTAWIE, I am your living "Nemesis" Hello my friend

muwahhaahahaahahah:fire

come on Billyboy, you can do better than that.....:lol:

Back