• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Contest for First Ripe Pepper

Thats my billy boy.

You take the fosters thing back Potawie....
as a functioning alcohol I take great exception to the idea I would even wash my feet with Fosters let alone let a drop pass my lips...lol
As for the comp ....is it too late forme to enter ...whats the rules. I'll play hydro/ indoor underlight rules I don'twant towin the compI just need to beat Pam .... lol

*hic* Imsupposedtopassoutthe*hic* beers? ohhhhhhh.. gottagobackout*hiccup*
2unu176zo7.gif

we should have 2 categories...
hydro and non hydro (for those of us too poor to purchase heaps of lights, then cough up when the electricity bill comes in!)

but really, the Aussies are gonna whoop some arse!! it may help that its already summer here, and we dont have to grow indoors!

hydro and non hydro (for those of us too poor to purchase heaps of lights, then cough up when the electricity bill comes in!)

Growing in "Hydro" doesn't mean you have to use lights, I will have the first ripe Naga grown Hydroponically using our great Aussie sun!

Now, back to my "First ripe pod" mantra :pray:

billyboy said:
Pam, Youll be lucky to even germinate a seed let alone talk of ripe pods :rolleyes:

*haughty sniff*

I think we all know who is going to win the trash talk prize.

fisting_mayfield said:

I don't know much about hydro. Is there enough of a difference that we should have separate categories? It's just for fun, but we do want to be fair.

Where's willard3? He seems to have the most experience with hydro.

but really, the Aussies are gonna whoop some arse!! it may help that its already summer here, and we dont have to grow indoors!

Yes, I would agree that hot air seems to be a specialty of you Aussies. Whether its from the vain boasting or that arse of yours that's getting whupped, I'm not sure.

I think we only need one category, since I'd fit into both. Its just for fun and we'll get to see who's method works best(fastest)

POTAWIE said:
I think we only need one category, since I'd fit into both. Its just for fun and we'll get to see who's method works best(fastest)

hydro will undoubtedly produce faster...so it becomes the fastest hydro producer?

Hydroponics can be very low tech, It just means you are feeding a nutrient solution to a soilless(no nutrients) substrate. It doesn't necessarily mean you need pumps and lights.

run to waste with a wet pot.. thats how I do it at the moment... Billyboy uses coco run to waste (he may use a pump)
next time your over I'll show you my set up also I have an "autopot"(do a google an excellent wick system) same gig. Willard will tell you all about wick systems. lol

I'm telling you a perfect hydro set (indoors or otherwise) is going to absolutely kill any soil attempt... otherwise dope growers wouldn't bother.

Well, since January 1st is going to be cold as hell here, I'm starting mine out in a hydro system, but when they get big enough, they're going into dirt.

The system I have access to won't hold a full grown plant.

Its just for fun and we'll get to see who's method works best(fastest)

One category only please. Lets not make this complicated!

If your thinking of trying a "hydro" technique the coco medium is perfect for hand watering, the key to using coco is getting a 10 to 20 percent runoff each day.

Im really interested to see how the soil growers go, as theyre very experienced chilli growers. Im a beginner :oops: to all of this so Im interested to see how the technique Im using compares!

Once I get the first ripe pod we are going to have to expand the contest somehow just to keep the fun(trash talking) going.:cool:
I also think we need a side contest for meanest looking naga. I had a few scary looking ones but mostly the early ones.

DevilDuck said:
Well, since January 1st is going to be cold as hell here, I'm starting mine out in a hydro system, but when they get big enough, they're going into dirt.

The system I have access to won't hold a full grown plant.
a very simple and inexpensive passive hydro system is a 3 gallon bucket with a 3/8 inch hole drilled into side of bucket about 2-3 inches up from bottom of bucket for drain.
this acts as a shallow resivoir in bottom of bucket ,when filled with a peralite/vermiculite mix,and fed with a quality hydro/organic nutrient solution,results can be remarkable.maintain ph at 6 and ppm around 800-1000 and results should be great.this works well for indoor crop production,however for long term maintaining of heirloom plants ,I would keep in a soil planter with a water from bottom well.
any chance there ever be an onsite gallery? it sure make posting pics so much easier.

bentalphanerd said:
hydro will undoubtedly produce faster...so it becomes the fastest hydro producer?

Ok, everyone who knows much about hydro says germination is about the same, but that hydro seedlings do grow faster. So, the comparison isn't really fair, is it? And what's the point if you know before hand that hydro growers seedlings initial growth spurt will guarantee their win? So, I'm thinking we do need two categories.

This is getting way to complicated for it to be fun.

Back