• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

Contest for First Ripe Pepper

why thank-you & Thank you too.

I put it into dirt in a small pot out in the yard under some shadecloth & forgot about it for a week. Today it's up. I feel very proud. Hey I gave everyone 2 weeks head start.

01-23-08 Update

Well, it has been 22 days since we planted. How's your seedlings/seeds doing? Is the list and comments right?

POTAWIE - got sprouts with pictures - check blog
Pam - got sprouts with peeectures
Omri - got sprouts
Luckydog - got sprouts
Bowhunter - got sprouts
Devil Duck - No word
Trexxen - No word
Canuk Pepperhead - got sprouts with pictures
Billyboy - got sprouts with pictures - check blog
Fisting Mayfield - No Word
Rainbowberry - No word
Pablo - got sprouts
Stillmanz - got sprouts
AlabamaJack - got sprouts with pictures - check blog (updated today)

DD, Trexxen, Fisting, Rainbow,....any word on sprouts yet?

Mine are going along fantastic, the next coming week they will really start to take off!

pix064-1.jpg

The aero cuttings are doing great, I got some really nice roots forming up & they are starting to get nice and hairy :)

Looks like BB is getting ahead of me. Nice looking seedlings BB. I will have to talk to mine and tell them they are behind in the race judging from the photos. (whispering to my seedlings, "if you don't grow, the aphids will attack you).

About to put the THIRD seedling in soil, as nothing's sprouted, not like I'd be in with a chance anyway but taking part is what counts (that's what I tell myself anyway).

I transplanted mine out of the 9 oz cups to 6" pots today because they were having issues with mold. The inside of the cup was lined with it. I carefully took them out of the smaller cups, doused them with cornmeal, put cornmeal on top of the potting soil in the bottom of the cup, filled sides with soil and watered them in.

We will see how well this cornmeal works. They are in sick bay right now.

billyboy said:
Mine are going along fantastic, the next coming week they will really start to take off!

pix064-1.jpg

The aero cuttings are doing great, I got some really nice roots forming up & they are starting to get nice and hairy :)
hey billy ,
those are some fine looking chili plants, looks like your leading the way .

I have the 3 seedlings going ,the soil planter is the quickest so far.
bhutjolokiacpiseed8zh2.jpg

bhutjolokiacpiseed7xq8.jpg

pablo

I think we are all around the same stage, the row of four are the Nagas that sprouted in 3.5 days, Ive found from about the 3rd week using coco they just explode in growth.

pix058.jpg

this is the stem where the first fork starts, the plant is not quite 4 months old.

My guess is HPS + CFL/MH.
Anyways... I took all the sick plants and isolated them, let's hope the Nagas won't show any signs.

Oy. About two weeks ago, my heat cut out...so now it's a balmy ~20 degrees in my house most of the time. I was going to get them started indoors, but now that's not looking safe for the plants - we had some other houseplants that we were growing to test the setup we had (it was directly in sunlight from a window, heated via a vent), but since our heat's been gone not a single one of those plants looks like it's going to make it. So, I'll likely be off to a much later start...but don't count me out just yet. ^.~

~Trexxen

Back