• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Continuous Free POWDER while it lasts...riddle me this

Rairdog said:
I got news for you,  Bumblebees don't make honey.
Boy oh boy have I got news for you

Rairdog said:
I prefer mead and how honey tastes. 
Taste of Honey

One hit wonder but it was a classic and stuck with you.

Next!

My neighbor lady just passed.  She was a gardener from way back.  I got a lot of good starts from her.  She was getting Alzheimer in the last few years.  She just called me you hoo while I tended the garden and bees.  She was the grandma of the hood and everyone looked up to her.  She always called me her "good" neighbor and was there when the peaches, persimmons and various other fruits and veggies where ready.

There are 2 songs that come to mind.  One is the peach tree that she always made sure I got my fresh pick from and the other was the surprise lily's.   I like to can the peaches and she liked bacon.

Name the 2 bands and the 2 songs 

I know one for sure- but the 2nd is making my brain hurt (probably before my time..)...& didn't even know the 'honey tastes' was a clue! Groovin' that song, sick bass line! Makes me remember watching Soul Train re-runs when I was real little! Haha.

There are a few common names for Surprise Lily's.

These are the bulbs she gave me in the spring of last year and here they are in fall bloom. 

1. The Presidents of the United States of America -  Peaches

2. Barenaked Ladies - If I Had a Million Dollars

Those Surprise Lilies are BEAUTIFUL! Reminds me of my grandmothers house... every year the yard was filled with a stunning array of bordered Orange Daylillies, the house wreathed in the most lush and vibrant pom-pom's of Blue Hydrangeas, and various Iris varieties scattered throughout!

(stumped on the 'surprise' part - had no idea that was a specific variety... thought you were saying that your neighbor would - out of the blue - walk up and 'surprise' you with a handful of Lily's...lol...)

Alchymystic said:
1. The Presidents of the United States of America -  Peaches

2. Barenaked Ladies - If I Had a Million Dollars

Those Surprise Lilies are BEAUTIFUL! Reminds me of my grandmothers house... every year the yard was filled with a stunning array of bordered Orange Daylillies, the house wreathed in the most lush and vibrant pom-pom's of Blue Hydrangeas, and various Iris varieties scattered throughout!

(stumped on the 'surprise' part - had no idea that was a specific variety... thought you were saying that your neighbor would - out of the blue - walk up and 'surprise' you with a handful of Lily's...lol...)

Congrats...you got it!  Yes, the Surprise Lily's are unusual compared to other Asian Lily's.  They send up green foliage in the spring.  Then it dies off and you can mow over it.  At the end of summer it sends up a stalk that looks like a fat asparagus and it flowers.  A lot of people call them Naked Ladies.

Send me a PM, pick your 5 powders and enjoy!

Well there hasn't been a winner for a while.  It's all a part of my scheme to reel you in.  I don't know how long it will last but it's been fun!

The supplies are running out as well as the funds to support this free endeavor.  I hope everyone enjoyed.  I am calling it off as of now...but I still have powder and tons of frozen pods for sauce.   The last clue was "How Long" . 

The key word was scheme...which was Ace

Peace out until funds come back to give you the goods.  Rairdog

Back